10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I love that Messi rarely shows his amazing fancy skills, you seldom see him do those kind of tricks... It makes it more worthy when you see them...

gingerless

tumblr_lzjekeaaAS1qdzgyco3_500.gif

holy mother of creepiness

K

kroki223

that doesn't count coz... he looked all fat and shit

He is much tired. Last year after the game Colombia he lost four kilogramms. After the Christmas he put on some weights, but he isn't fat.
I don't want more muscles on Messi.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Anyone know the nuances of the rules on that play with Leo for his goal?...Ref waves play on but it's clear that the defender clutches, grabs & holds on 3 separate occasions...A goal is scored but are his actions still not worthy of a booking or does a goal wipe that out?...Seems to me the logical consequence should be a booking, regardless...Otherwise, you're rewarding the offense

Clks

Barcastuff

"Of Messi's Liga 10 Liga hattricks, only 1 included a penalty #fcblive Of Ronaldo's 13 hattricks, 7 included at least 1"

Penaldo :messi: :lol:

impeh

Hi, its me..
His passing is godlike, and has improved alot. But he's certainly buffed up a bit this season, and lost a little bit of pace. He loses the ball quite alot in 1v1s, where as a year or two ago he would just float past people and accelerate away.
Wouldnt surprise me if in a few years time he becomes .. well, a bit more of a goal focused iniesta. He drops back alot and his vision is awesome, so when he does eventually lose that extra pace -lets face it , everyone does- hes still got everything else.

abual3bed1

and people say that the Messi of this season isn't slower?

those people just need to watch the above video against Madrid 2006/2007. The difference is there for all to see. I miss that explosiveness.

you do realize that he had more space when he played on the flanks .. now he plays and atleast 4 players are around him .. 2 DMs and 2 CBs .. speed and explosiveness are still there ..

Maria

His passing is godlike, and has improved alot. But he's certainly buffed up a bit this season, and lost a little bit of pace. He loses the ball quite alot in 1v1s, where as a year or two ago he would just float past people and accelerate away.

That:

XkBS2.jpg

4454.jpg

Is happening in every match this season..against Leverkusen, in the first half, there were times when he had 4 players around him in the moment he was receiving the ball..in the second half he was playing better because Bayer decided to play and Messi had more space. I think that in the last 4 months there were only 2 games were he wasn't havily marked: against Santos and against Malaga. And we all know what happend. Now I'm not saying that Messi didn't had 2 very bad months(because he did), but I was mostly annoyed with his finishing. So instead of watching the speed that he had 5 years ago, you should also watch what kind of space he had back then and how a fault meant a yellow card(these days, like Michael said, the defenders are allowed to to what they want against Messi-especially in La Liga).

And another thing..I'm sure that if you miss that Messi you also miss the injuries he was having because he didn't know when to stop running..
What should uppset us is not Messi's speed, it's how many times his teammates don't know how to take advantage of the space he creates for them..Pedro was the best at doing that, but unfortunately he is still looking for his first touch right now. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans