10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Helluva fk from Leo...Left side of the box, left footed and it curled into the upper right corner - that's a crazy wicked angle to score from for a left footed player

khorne

it was a really beautiful strike and i'm very grateful for the goal that brought us victory. but in all honesty, i can't understand why they don't change the rules in favor of the goalkeeper in situations like this. as in, gk signals the referee he is ready, referee blows the whistle, player takes the shot. i would be seriously pissed off if we recieved a goal like this, and i don't like it when we score like this. but no blame to messi, it's not his fault the rules are this way. besides, there is a good chance the ball would have gone in either way

X

xaviniesta

that rule is really wierd yes. some referees step right over the ball and enforce to play with whistle. like craig thompson did vs leverkusen when messi wanted to play it quickly but he never allowed. (it's some kinda english fetish seems to me) and some referees just let you decide wheter you want to play with whistle, like iturralde (remember the 08/09 same goal) and pere lasa as well. i personally like the second one better and use that myself as well. it should be player who decide that he does want to take it quickly or not. and if the wall is not interrupting then and 10 yards away i see no problem to take it like messi did.

T

tariqo

caOoz.jpg

"While Atlético Madrid's defenders were playing 'Baa-Baa Black Sheep', Messi was playing Beethoven's 9th."

:worthy:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The commentator in my broadcast said that Messi asked permission to the ref to take the kick... I couldn't tell though... Any confirmation?

zanela

Helluva fk from Leo...Left side of the box, left footed and it curled into the upper right corner - that's a crazy wicked angle to score from for a left footed player

Yep! A difficult angle for a left-footed player. Freekicks is one area where he's made a conscious effort in recent times, and i'm glad his hardwork behind the scenes is coming to fruition. He keeps adding layers to his game, and continues to surprise us all. And i don't think it's going to stop...

07v1cr7.gif

gingerless

The fk was superb but overall he wasnt that great save a few runs. Lost the ball ALOT

yes he was rather quiet but still could have had 2-3 assists.... he was marked more heavily this game too

as for the rules, why can't the keeper always be ready and looking at the ball instead of waiting for a whistle? as if their job isn't easy enough already... put the wall on the right, cover the left. you're set bar a wonder strike. why the heck would you need ref's confirmation for this stuff

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Guardiola: "Messi suspended with 5 yellow cards? Like Pepe, Messi will rest next week. That's how things are." :pep:

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was marked by at least 3 players at all times, and they were kicking and punching him constantly.

It's an accepted tactic these days to merely kick the players repeatedly and without booking until they are unable to develop any sort of rhythm...Cynical footy and a more courageous ref would've done better to tone things down sooner...Would've less likely seen the late lunge from Dani or Cesc as a consequence...I mean, the degree of frustration has to be quite high, going into a match knowing that the ref isn't going to protect you from the cynical garbage...That you'll have goals disallowed and that you'll get the stuffing kicked out of you...It's a war of attrition, each match and I think that has to wear on the players knowing that's what they face

Maria

that rule is really wierd yes. some referees step right over the ball and enforce to play with whistle. like craig thompson did vs leverkusen when messi wanted to play it quickly but he never allowed. (it's some kinda english fetish seems to me) and some referees just let you decide wheter you want to play with whistle, like iturralde (remember the 08/09 same goal) and pere lasa as well. i personally like the second one better and use that myself as well. it should be player who decide that he does want to take it quickly or not. and if the wall is not interrupting then and 10 yards away i see no problem to take it like messi did.

If I remember corectly, Thiago had a similar goal last summer in the EC final, with the Spain U-21..but probably the spanish didn't had any objections back then.
Also..last year Messi got a yellow card for trying to do the same thing against Patetico, at the Camp Nou match. It would be interesting to know who was the ref.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans