10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouterinho

I love the fact that this thread is called "God'... I've been following Barcelona for years and when I'm texting one of my friends about a barca-game, we often refer to Messi as "God" aswell. Pele is probably one of the only people in the world who doens't agnoledge the fact that he is really the best player ever. Now let's just hope Xavi and Iniesta will be considered part of the best all-time XI aswell, because Messi draws away some of the attention that they deserve.
This is a generation that people will talk about for many, many years to come!

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
messi's goals per game ratio is better than RvN's now. out of 49 goals he has scored 24 in the knock-out stages (top scorer ever in knock-out, second place has 18 goals) RvN scored 60 goals all time in the cl.... 50 in the group stage, 6 in knock-out and 4 in qualifying.

...wow

Messi's goal-to-game ratio is 0.76.

the only people with a similar goals-to-game ratio are Eusebio (0.73), Jean-Pierre Papin (0.74) and Marco Van Basten (0.75).

the only people with a better goals-to-game ratio are Alfredo Di Stefano (0.84), Ferenc Puskas (0.87) and Gerd Müller (1.00).

worth pointing out, though, that Müller, Papin and Van Basten have played much less games & goals than Messi. he's right up there with el Saeta Rubia, the Black Panther and the Galloping Major, which is fucking mental.

Last edited:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi's goal-to-game ratio is 0.76.

the only people with a similar goals-to-game ratio are Eusebio (0.73), Jean-Pierre Papin (0.74) and Marco Van Basten (0.75).

the only people with a better goals-to-game ratio are Alfredo Di Stefano (0.84), Ferenc Puskas (0.87) and Gerd Müller (1.00).

worth pointing out, though, that Müller, Papin and Van Basten have played much less games & goals than Messi. he's right up there with el Saeta Rubia, the Black Panther and the Galloping Major, which is fucking mental.

And to think Leo is doing it in a quicker and less defensive era than Eusebio, Di Stefano etc with much more scouting being done and up against a higher quality of player.

JDaniels

tumblr_m0kuhqlAAl1qdtvcao1_250.gif

tumblr_m0kuhqlAAl1qdtvcao2_250.gif

tumblr_m0kuhqlAAl1qdtvcao3_r2_250.gif

tumblr_m0kuhqlAAl1qdtvcao4_250.gif

tumblr_m0kuhqlAAl1qdtvcao5_r2_250.gif

Wambo

yeah, great fun here... but please change the name back.

"You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God"

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans