10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brahim

Most assists in all competitions:

4r6ts0.png

:lol: are they two Messis in Barca? 1 for assists the other for goals, because the other Messi scored 60 goals

KhaledBarca

¤ GRAPHIC: Players with most goals in all competitions 2011/12 (Europe's Top 5 Leagues):
AqDY_1wCAAARhjt.png:large

¤ GRAPHIC: Players with most assists in all competitions 2011/12 (Europe's Top 5 Leagues):
AqC59apCIAAEFfl.png:large

aki13

You know, Messi is the best and all that jazz, we all know it... But come to think of it, the impact he has had this season is really outlandish, aside from all the goals and assists, the unreal dribbles and the beautiful through balls, he has almost single handedly carried us through a season filled with injuries, bad pitches, crap referees and low form...

It's unbelievable that in a season where Xavi and Iniesta have been below their usual mind blowing form, where our defense has looked like jelly in some games, where our signings are taking time to fully adapt, where our front line is different every other match, we are still fighting to win all the competitions...

When I look back, without taking credit away from any of our players, it has been Messi the one who's always been leading this team, despite a few rough patches, Messi has been the one pointing the way, his screams at other players, his disappointment when we concede, the anger in some his celebrations and his huge smile in others, speak of the desire and competitive spirit of our little genius, no monument the club can build for him will ever be enough to match the greatness he has brought to the club...

Long live the King!

Good post.

If after his 53 goals last year when we were maybe the best a team has ever been, he had only scored 50 this year but still pulled us along as he has, after our level did drop a tade, I think we would all be kneeling before him, but to pull us through some bad patches this year and still score what could be 70 by the end of the season is unreal.

¤ GRAPHIC: Players with most goals in all competitions 2011/12 (Europe's Top 5 Leagues):
AqDY_1wCAAARhjt.png:large

¤ GRAPHIC: Players with most assists in all competitions 2011/12 (Europe's Top 5 Leagues):
AqC59apCIAAEFfl.png:large

This is amazing, people I talk to here in England can be ignorant and it annoys me alot, they say:

" Well he scored 60, but how many of those are really genius and how many are tap ins" er...... About 50 are genius + a few tap ins and penalties - I say.
"Well Barcelona are so good its too easy for him in Spain" err..... Why isn't every striker scoring 40+ then? - I say
"Yer but its not all about scoring to be the best player" er....... He has 24 assists and and from his shots and moves he he starts he must have been involved in 100 of our goals this year. - I say
"Well The Premier League is stronger" they say. er...... This is the Premier League which has a Champions League Semi Finalist as opposed to La Liga which has 2 Champions League Semi Finalists and 3 Europa League Semi Finalists and whose 7th placed team (Bilbao) knocked out the Premier League Champions????

All I keep saying look at the stats and watch the games, because no one is anywhere near Leo and Barca. Simply the best ever.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Good post.

If after his 53 goals last year when we were maybe the best a team has ever been, he had only scored 50 this year but still pulled us along as he has, after our level did drop a tade, I think we would all be kneeling before him, but to pull us through some bad patches this year and still score what could be 70 by the end of the season is unreal.

This is amazing, people I talk to here in England can be ignorant and it annoys me alot, they say:

" Well he scored 60, but how many of those are really genius and how many are tap ins" er...... About 50 are genius + a few tap ins and penalties - I say.
"Well Barcelona are so good its too easy for him in Spain" err..... Why isn't every striker scoring 40+ then? - I say
"Yer but its not all about scoring to be the best player" er....... He has 24 assists and and from his shots and moves he he starts he must have been involved in 100 of our goals this year. - I say
"Well The Premier League is stronger" they say. er...... This is the Premier League which has a Champions League Semi Finalist as opposed to La Liga which has 2 Champions League Semi Finalists and 3 Europa League Semi Finalists and whose 7th placed team (Bilbao) knocked out the Premier League Champions????

All I keep saying look at the stats and watch the games, because no one is anywhere near Leo and Barca. Simply the best ever.

Tell them to tune in when Messi once again delivers the magic in the capital city of England on 18th.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
production stats, proving that Messi is too awesome for words.

[link]

I am not sure if Higuain's position is as high as it is because he comes on more than anyone else or he'd be higher if he was started more. I am not sure but I know that his CL form is garbage.

The most interesting player is Klaas. His Madrid sting made him forgotten but actually, not one season did he not perform. He is spectacular but something about him is just shit.

aki13

You know, Messi is the best and all that jazz, we all know it... But come to think of it, the impact he has had this season is really outlandish, aside from all the goals and assists, the unreal dribbles and the beautiful through balls, he has almost single handedly carried us through a season filled with injuries, bad pitches, crap referees and low form...

It's unbelievable that in a season where Xavi and Iniesta have been below their usual mind blowing form, where our defense has looked like jelly in some games, where our signings are taking time to fully adapt, where our front line is different every other match, we are still fighting to win all the competitions...

When I look back, without taking credit away from any of our players, it has been Messi the one who's always been leading this team, despite a few rough patches, Messi has been the one pointing the way, his screams at other players, his disappointment when we concede, the anger in some his celebrations and his huge smile in others, speak of the desire and competitive spirit of our little genius, no monument the club can build for him will ever be enough to match the greatness he has brought to the club...

Long live the King!

Tell them to tune in when Messi once again delivers the magic in the capital city of England on 18th.

I will. I would love to see Leo show them what a great player really is. A hatrick at SB and depressed Chelsea fans would be sweet.

Then to rub it in another hatrick at the Camp, in a rout like our 7-1 against. Leverkusen.

S

swat

'genius' is the only word that comes to my mind when I think of Messi. We're lucky to be around in his era

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans