10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trillske

Bar raised yet again. To me, what he did in the big games last year is unrivaled, maybe historicaly unrivaled (still cant believe his performance against Man U). But in the books its another record and I just wonder where this leaves him next season? Will he be concidered a huge flop if he settles at one goal/game? :lol:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Bar raised yet again. To me, what he did in the big games last year is unrivaled, maybe historicaly unrivaled (still cant believe his performance against Man U). But in the books its another record and I just wonder where this leaves him next season? Will he be concidered a huge flop if he settles at one goal/game? :lol:
He has carried the team on his shoulders through out this season... Rest of the bunch were just under par nd it would be unfair to say Messi was better the previous season.

It's incredible what he did this year, with rest of them all under performing and no body to share the work load in the big games. He's definitely been better this season

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Sorry, just couldn't resist :p

Messi GOAT? Not yet. Just wait and see :cool:

pele-2010-06-10-20162.JPG

Theconomist

The scary thing is Messi is 24 years old. An age where many south american players are considered to be mature enough to make their big moves to european clubs and progress further.
A football player's peak is 26-28 and that age is getting pushed further and further due to medical advancements.(Think of Milito's rejuvenation at 30 for example or Forlan).
Messi is getting better season after season and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a 100 goals season in the next few years.

Maria

He has carried the team on his shoulders through out this season... Rest of the bunch were just under par nd it would be unfair to say Messi was better the previous season.

It's incredible what he did this year, with rest of them all under performing and no body to share the work load in the big games. He's definitely been better this season

:busquets: doesn't agree.

Messi10

The scary thing is Messi is 24 years old. An age where many south american players are considered to be mature enough to make their big moves to european clubs and progress further.
A football player's peak is 26-28 and that age is getting pushed further and further due to medical advancements.(Think of Milito's rejuvenation at 30 for example or Forlan).
Messi is getting better season after season and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he hit a 100 goals season in the next few years.

100 goals a season ahahha

That would be like 3-4 goals a game

ab739

Messi. Words cant describe how good he is. Its an insult when i see people comparing CR7 to this legend

Papabeef

68 goals 28 assist... let me crunch some numbers here, 96...there ! FOUR more to account for 100 Goals in our season. No club, coach or fan can ask for more from a single player really, or two players..

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Messi would gradually drop deeper into mid field... He won't be scoring as many in, say, 4 years from now.

Trillske

Exactly. Now he is mature enough to move on and progress further. :worthy:

Imagine though if Messi went to another club and performed on the same level as these last years in Barca. Its doubtful it would work out that easy, but if it did.. Fotball would be all about what team have Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans