10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He has been playing Top-level football for 5 years. He is the next Ballon d'Or Winner & the WPOTY. Age is irrelevant, coz footballers today mature & become Pro' at an early age. So, 've a lot of experience by the time they reach their early 20's...There should not be excuses when the best player in the world makes poor decisions. I've strongly argued with The Fallen about Messi's decision-making being on par with the best in the world. But, i've to concede watching him lately, his decision-making has left a lot to be desired...Whats this nonsense abt his form & the National team pressure etc etc...Looks like some ppl 've an aversion to criticising Messi...One, he is NOT PERFECT, Two, if there is no criticism, he 'll become complacent & stagnate. If he needs to be called the best in the world & a modern great, he has to rise above the adversities. Or, he 'll never fulfill his potential.
When ur best, u should atleast get the basics right, which isn't dependent on form. I can understand being selfish & doing ur thing when the team has a comfortable lead (2 goals or more), not when u are up by only a goal & struggling to create or find the net in a tough away game...Sorry, there are no excuses for such poor decision-making. U cant 've the team suffer just because u want to bag a few goals to make urself feel better...Participating in the build-up, assisting, work-rate etc constitute a good performance. It not just about dribbling an entire defense to score a wondergoal...Our darling Leo has to learn this...Its not some competition between him & the ladyboy as to who scores more goals..If thats what he thinks it is, then he 'll never maximise his potential. The boy has soooo much more to his game & talent than any1 else in world football, that if he applied it correctly, he can be the greatest of his generation.
Hope the boy corrects his mistakes & puts in performances fitting to his status...And, he can start by making better decisions on the pitch as it 'll only get tougher for us from hereon...

WOW! Bit too harsh on the kid huh!? Well, I was also angry on him when he didn't pass but it's his game style... He does that a lot of times, hope he corrects that aspect of his game as early as possible. We don't want next thing to be a cold war between Messi & Ibra because we already know Ibra is a bit short tempered regarding these issues! When I saw Ibra not giving that pass I immediately thought 'this is in reaction to Messi not passing!!' Hope that's not the case though, it might even be because Ibra seemed a li'l off-balance there
Of course I think every thing will alright once Henry returns to form & Iniesta is back in his natural position orchestrating the mid-field :)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Zanela, you're spot on about his decision making of late. It was a concern in 07/08 and in the very early stages of last season but Pep seemed iron it out. Unfortunately of late he seems to have had a recurrence of doziness/selfishness that prevents him from passing when he should. It has to be noted as well that of late his finishing has been dreadful, something else he seemed to have improved on last season. Pep needs to be pushing Messi both in tactical meetings and on the training pitch to iron out these flaws which creep into his game when he gets stressed or complacent.

zanela

WOW! Bit too harsh on the kid huh!?

First, he is NOT a kid, second, its NOT harsh...
May be if ppl were more objective with regard to the Argentine & point out his flaws, poor performances readily & not be so biased or think its a taboo to criticise Messi, it wouldn't seem harsh.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
First, he is NOT a kid, second, its NOT harsh...
May be if ppl were more objective with regard to the Argentine & point out his flaws, poor performances readily & not be so biased or think its a taboo to criticise Messi, it wouldn't seem harsh.

It's me who actually pointed it out!! YAY!!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
OMG 1 bad game and you guys are absolutely slaughtering him. I think we need to get behind him not give him endless criticism and get at him.

ryuken

Just hope he improves and help us cuz this season gonna be a hectic one. We cant afford to have the best paid player of the club playing like this.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He didn't even play badly against Osasuna. His passing was overall pretty good including the one for Keita's goal. He set up a couple other really good chances too. The only mistake he made was not squaring to Iniesta in the first half when he was open. His finishing however is way off form and he's not taking chances he'd have eaten up last season. Let's be honest though what top forward has never had a dry spell? Eto'o had one of the worst I've seen last season, his form was utter shit but he came through in the CL final because class like that doesn't disappear. I think Leo will overcome this little spell, Pep will speak to him and hopefully get his head right again.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He was better than Marquez and Chyga, that's for sure. He actually looked pretty dangerous, the defense was definitely struggling with him, but his wastefulness cost us and he helped spark the counter attack that lead to the draw.

zanela

Chck out the fav in this poll on who should win FIFA WPOTY...Dont know what it indicates, if they really think he deserves it or his popularity amongst the catalans...May be they are still hoping he joins us :tongue:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
If Villa had joined us he could have won it in 2010. He will not win the Ballon D'Or while a Valencia player.

Beast

The Observer
Messi is at the crossroad which Dinho had after the double season.
It's now or never for him he need really good man management skills from Pep, fans be little more critical so he can understand he is playing below his par and less praise so he won't think he is over everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans