10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Valon

Messi is at the crossroad which Dinho had after the double season.
It's now or never for him he need really good man management skills from Pep, fans be little more critical so he can understand he is playing below his par and less praise so he won't think he is over everyone.

I've been thinking this lately too. I'm kind of scared that he takes the same road that Dinho did. Not exactly the same one but similar.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I think Messi's just suffering a natural dip brought on by the weight of pressure he's suffered with the national side, being abused in Buenos Aires airport etc. I think he needs time, he probably needs a little rest and he needs the support of the fans. The guys incredibly young, the situation is totally different from Dinho's because Messi is a different person and at a different stage in his career.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
well we need him against mallorca, perhaps if we are comfortably ahead he can be sub'ed. but then it might be better to let continue on. am sure he'll be rested midweek.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Play Pedro on Saturday, no doubt the cokehead gnome in charge of Argentina will play Messi for 90 minutes against Spain so having the next ten days off would do him good.

T

Trillske

He really looks troubled last games. Still sometimes really awesome with the ball, but its like he never knows what to do with the skills.
I remember erlier this season where I got anoyed when sometimes he would not see the field anymore and run straight head-first into the defenders instead, but those games he did such spectaculair things as well.

Last edited:

beef-supreme

someone need to give him a big slap
im mean seriously..

I think he should be given a slap, and then told to rest for a week. For me the rest issue is more of a problem. :pep: doesn't know when to make subs.
But Diego, well he's just a cock of a coach. He will play Messi for 90 mins regardless of his form, fatigue, injuries, and with loads of public pressure Messi won't opt out. He can't afford to. He loves Argentina and he doesn't want to become (more of a) hate figure. It's vicious.
Come on Leo!
:messi:

christina

Pure Happiness
I think he should be given a slap, and then told to rest for a week. For me the rest issue is more of a problem. :pep: doesn't know when to make subs.
But Diego, well he's just a cock of a coach. He will play Messi for 90 mins regardless of his form, fatigue, injuries, and with loads of public pressure Messi won't opt out. He can't afford to. He loves Argentina and he doesn't want to become (more of a) hate figure. It's vicious.
Come on Leo!
:messi:

maby you right..
all the games he look like forcing him to play, like he didnt enjoy anymore...
maybe a rest its the solution not a slap.. :p

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi needs a rest and IMO should be instructed by Pep to avoid Argentina's game against Spain.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
A slap would also be good... I think we are spoiling him, like we have done with other stars in the past... He is a smart kid and he will understand that he needs to get his shit together and step it up for his own sake, he needs someone to put his mentality back on track...

The rest will help too, but as said before, he will most likely play for Argentina the full 90 minutes... Maybe he can make a pact with Puyol and Piqué to let him score at least once, hahahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans