10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kroki223

Back to the interview with Messi in Képes sport. I've taken this newspaper in my hand, and I 've read the name of the author, who wrote this, and he wrote his name and the next text: by ********* It was a translation.

Did he any mistakes? I don't think so. I changed my opinion.

there is no way that Leo was in Juvenil in 2003\2004

from wiki:

Messi played in Barcelona's junior Infantil B and Cadete B & A teams from 2000 to 2003 (scoring 37 goals in 30 matches in Cadete A). Season 2003–04 saw him on a record[29] five different teams: He started one match in Juvenil B (one goal) and got promoted to Juvenil A (14 matches, 21 goals). Later he debuted for FC Barcelona C team (Tercera División) on 29 November 2003 and for FC Barcelona B (Segunda División B) on 6 March 2004. He played for both teams during the season (eight matches, five goals and five games, zero goals, respectively).[30][31][32] Even before these two debuts, Messi made his official debut for the first-team on 16 November 2003 aged 16 years and 145 days, in a friendly match against Porto.[33][34]

MMKa

there is no way that Leo was in Juvenil in 2003\2004

Yes he was. His debut in Juvenil A: 2003-09-14 vs Hércules 3–0 (Messi 1-0, 12').

Short Messi pre-history:
1992-94 Grandoli
1994-00 Newell's Old Boys
2000-01 Infantil B (tryout on September 2000, 8/Jan/2001 an agreement, able to play only in friendlies, friendly tournaments)
2001-02 Cadet B (17/Feb/2002 transfer, allowed to enter championship)
2002-03 Cadet A ("36 goals in 30 league matches, league plus Copa del Rey")
2003-04 Juvenil B, Juvenil A, Barca C, Barca B, Barcelona ("36 goals in official, 50 counting friendlies")
2004-05 Barca B, Barcelona
per Messi: The Inside Story of the Boy Who Became a Legend (preview in Google Books).

from wiki:
(My text, I have to say :)

--

Another question. What do these numbers (in brackets) mean?

Barça C 2 – Vilassar Mar 1
Montero (2), Marín (2), Javi (2), Fede (2) (Mesalles, 1, min. 90), Martos (2), Carroza (1) (Andreu, 1, min. 46), Javito (4), Aitor (2) (Javi Seco, 1, min. 61), Alfi (1), Messi (1) y Pitu (3).

Last edited:

xavisionary

I've just read that Messi's salary is 10 million Euros a season, almost 4 behinds the likes of Wayne Rooney and Yaya Toure. This surely can't be the case? Messi should be on twice the amount that they pull in.

And just for argument's sake, I could care less how much footballer's earn, just asking for the sake of asking.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why would it matter if he earned less than them? City has a private owner who's a multi-billionaire and can spend without any control, while Barca are club owned by their fans.
Besides, they had to pay them those ridiculous wages as they wouldn't have joined them otherwise in the first place.

Galning

Why would it matter if he earned less than them? City has a private owner who's a multi-billionaire and can spend without any control, while Barca are club owned by their fans.
Besides, they had to pay them those ridiculous wages as they wouldn't have joined them otherwise in the first place.

Amen.

xavisionary

Why would it matter if he earned less? He's the best in the world at what he does by a country mile, so logic dictates he should earn the most money. He's still the richest by sponsorship, but on pure salary, it's crazy that a player like Toure - admittedly very good, but will be forgotten of in the next generation - earns 40% more a year than him.

Alcantara

I've just read that Messi's salary is 10 million Euros a season, almost 4 behinds the likes of Wayne Rooney and Yaya Toure.

I don't know about his salary but he is surely the best paid player in the world including wages, bonuses, sponsorships and endorsements.

TOP EARNERS
£27.5m
Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
£26.2m
David Beckham (LA Galaxy)
£24.3m
Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
£19.4m
Samuel Eto'o (Anzhi)
£17.2m
Wayne Rooney (Man United)
£15.7m
Sergio Aguero (Man City)
£14.7m
Yaya Toure (Man City)
£13.9m
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
£12.9m
Kaka (Real Madrid)
£11.9m
Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...si-tops-football-rich-list.html#ixzz20nCveANr

Galning

Why would it matter if he earned less? He's the best in the world at what he does by a country mile, so logic dictates he should earn the most money. He's still the richest by sponsorship, but on pure salary, it's crazy that a player like Toure - admittedly very good, but will be forgotten of in the next generation - earns 40% more a year than him.

Barça can't afford it :lol: we aren't City. Why is it that hard to understand? If you think it's only 'fair' for him to earn more, feel free to give him whatever you feel like.
Messi never complained about his wages so I don't see why fans should complain.

P

PhilS

Barça can't afford it :lol: we aren't City. Why is it that hard to understand? If you think it's only 'fair' for him to earn more, feel free to give him whatever you feel like.
Messi never complained about his wages so I don't see why fans should complain.

Messi's total income is quite high, it seems he wants some things more than making more money. He seems to be more interested in playing on a team that can pay for truly talented teammates, rather than maximizing his team salary.

Since Barca is approaching 500 million euros a year total revenue, there is no valid argument that Messi is worth less than 100M euros a year to the team. What other players earn is not relevant in his case, he is an entirely different level of entertainment commodity.

xavisionary

It's not that hard to understand, it's just puzzling. To me, it's like a tennis player winning Wimbledon but a quarter finalist getting the bigger pay check. I'm sure Leo cries every night on a big pile of money anyway.

P

Patty2720

Messi Goal Stats

La Liga: 169 --------------------- 234
Champions League: 51 ------------71
Argentina National Team: 26 ------56
Copa del Rey: 20 -----------------81
Spanish Supercup: 8 ------------- 8
UEFA Super Cup: 1 ----------------?
Club World Cup: 4 -----------------4

*Note*

The other numbers are the current record ..

*Help* if you know the current record of the UEFA Super Cup and the Club World Cup, than please share : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans