10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShandyFFM

yep notied that his freekicks wasnt good at all... but because of his incredible talent he still scores... like tito said messi doesnt need to be on top form to score.... although messi changed his game redically imo he has lost some pace in his dribbling but gained some weight. hes the tap in king at the moment but i rather would love to see some sweaty goals from him. he has become more and more a goal machine like ronaldo did in the last years... i hope he does some individual magic the next time

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
A3LyYOdCIAA-D4l.jpg

Kerrybai

My first post in months :)

Messi isnt at his best right now but how many times have we said that before and then suddenly he scores 12 goals in 3 games and starts running past defenders like a 16 year old invading an under 12's match. Either way he hasnt last his appetite for goals and victories!

Rahj

Yep. But I'd cut him some slack, because his gf will give birth next month, and maybe he is not resting enough, or he's nervous about it.

@barcastuff
Messi: "There are more important things than the Ballon d'Or, I'm not thinking about it. I want to win trophies with the team."

jep, maybe they should consider giving their son up for adoption, so Messi can focus on football again.

impeh

Hi, its me..
the fact he can still score goals whilst overall playing pretty average is awesome, we really take that for granted.

However, the team overall looks much better when hes in hulk mode. He'll probably bag a hattrick at the weekend :lol:

Garrus

What's happening with messi is a natural change in playing style as he reaches his peak as a football player, His more static movements indicates his increased maturity this seasons, And it was happening in front of our eyes all these years with out us noticing
Do you remember how messi used to play in 2006-2008, All he knew was dribbling and shooting, dribbling and shooting, He didn't know any other ways to score goals, As the years passed he started relying on his dribbling less and less and focused on positioning as his football experience increased.
Messi at his peak, Doesn't mean he'll become a god like dribbler!!, He reached the best dribbling skills possible by a human being when he was 23 maybe or 22, Reaching peak in his terms, Means he'll be able to change an entire outcome of a match on his own, Without breaking much sweat, And it's happening right know :)

Last edited:

hellsangel1

He also hasn't been making any assists which is unusual for him. Hopefully he's back in form before el clasico.

He's made more than a few passes that should have turned into assists. It's just that the other forwards aren't clinical enough in our side.

La LL

Generally Delightful
These last few pages made me think of what.... Oh yes! The start of every God damn season where everyone starts out by saying that Messi "is out of shape", then it changes to "lost speed", then "different and not as entertaining", then suddenly "back to good old Messi!", then "wow. He sure didn't do that back in the day!" and then "he's egoistical! Why doesn't he pass the ball more often??" and finally "Villa and Cesc are jealous of Messi".

Then the season ends and during the summer transfer window the good fans of Barcaforum are instantly struck with memory loss so that they're doomed to repeat the same circus next season to the great woe of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans