10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lessthanjake

Catalan . Not spanish.

Not to start some political debate about something I don't know a whole lot about, but Catalonia really doesn't seem like it is recognized as a nationality by anyone but people in Catalonia. To me it seems analogous to people living in Quebec. They have their own somewhat distinct culture, but everyone thinks of them as Canadian still. Is this not true?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
22961_570x724.jpg

Hahahahahaha!

La LL

Generally Delightful
Not to start some political debate about something I don't know a whole lot about, but Catalonia really doesn't seem like it is recognized as a nationality by anyone but people in Catalonia. To me it seems analogous to people living in Quebec. They have their own somewhat distinct culture, but everyone thinks of them as Canadian still. Is this not true?

Except for the fact that Catalan is a distinct culture opposed to Quebecois which is pretty much French but in North America.

lessthanjake

Except for the fact that Catalan is a distinct culture opposed to Quebecois which is pretty much French but in North America.

I know this is pretty off topic, but can you explain what makes Catalan culture distinct? I'm not doubting your statement, it's just not something I've ever really learned/read about

AURELIUS

So Thiago is Spanish? Oh no, the Argentinians might not like this :lol:

It confirms their feelings that Messi is more Spanish then Argentine :troll:

When Messi retires he says he will live back in Rosario. A bit like Gonzalo Higuain born to a footballing father in France but brought up in BA. Lot's of Argentine kids are born abroad with the diaspora but retain dual nationality. If he's any good he'll play for Argentina fingers crossed with Benjamin Aguero upfront....

However given what is happening there who knows. Maxi Rodriguez's in laws being robbed by the brother of Lucas Viatri of Boca (yes you couldn't make it up) he may well prefer to stay in Barcelona.

Leo10

I know this is pretty off topic, but can you explain what makes Catalan culture distinct? I'm not doubting your statement, it's just not something I've ever really learned/read about

Catalonia seek independence from Spain. Does Quebec want to become an independent state, to separate completely from Canada? You are comparing apples and oranges.

poldep

How can he play tonight while spending the night at the hospital? He probably didn't get a lot of sleep.. I also wonder sometimes how these players, who have small kids sleep? Thiago will be waking up a lot at night so how will messi get enough sleep..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans