10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I hoped it would be liek last year's start but it wasn't. He was decent and had an excellent try saved by Palop in his right corner; just excellent work.

However, it is becoming pretty clear that he needs to work on his right foot-play. Or divide his game more balanced instead of left all the way. Now defenders can (they can, not saying they will) stop him because they know what he 8/10 will do.

Olsend

I don't want to be ate by fans :) but sometimes Messi looks pretty selfish. Though any attacker who wants to make difference has to be a bit selfish. Just a thought :p

B

badboybjörn

Mediocre game tonight.

Defenders have always known he usually goes left. Thats the best part about messi. It dosent matter if you know where he is going, youd have to start running there long b4 he starts to or you will be way behind once you get there :D

iced1776

Yeah the thing is even with just his left foot, Messi can beat you to your right or left side. Its impossible to read where he's going to go.

With that said, he played pretty poorly by his standards today, disappeared after the first half hour.

Co0ter

He had a decent performance actually. He wasn't really selfish...don't see how you got that idea. He should of passed the shot he took with his right foot to Ibra but 1) I'm not sure if he saw Ibra and 2) He was in a very good position to take the shot, I'm really surprised he missed :(

There were many times he played in the middle to draw defenders and make room for us to play on the wings. However a lot of the time he got the middle no one went to open space or made runs, kind of killed the point.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Not about that performance, I mean in total. I am sure he got less assists this season, than last one.

He's been the same always... It's just that since the number of goals decreased this time around, he might seem more selfish than last year's Messi!!

Co0ter

I can't disagree with you there, he has less goals as well. I don't know what happened, he started off the season brilliantly.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I can't disagree with you there, he has less goals as well. I don't know what happened, he started off the season brilliantly.
Try the remember all the critic he got in the middle, right b4 El Clasico.
He didn't score goals in alot of matches.

DaniAlves

He had an amazing first half together with Iniesta I think, but in the second he seemed to be running out of steam...

Sallou

I don't want to be ate by fans :) but sometimes Messi looks pretty selfish. Though any attacker who wants to make difference has to be a bit selfish. Just a thought :p

If a manager thinks a player is too selfish he has a word and the player stops it a bit.

I've always believed that if slightly selfish play goes on for a long time, then the manager has TOLD the player to play this way (or has no problems with it). So, I'm not annoyed over it. I think pep wants him playing that way.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Messi doesn't go on crazy dribbles like when he was 19, 20. He won't score a goal like Getafe again because he will pass the ball. I think it's because he has so much responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans