10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Messi and Rooney are now tied on goals in all competitions. Both have 31. If it was ever about goals...

F

FCB_Titi_LB

cnn.com
BRILLIANT

"(CNN) -- Lionel Messi underlined his status as the best player in the world with two inspirational goals and an assist as holders Barcelona cruised into the quarterfinals of the Champions League with a 4-0 victory at home to Stuttgart on Wednesday night.
While Cristiano Ronaldo, the world's most expensive player, was unable to stop Spanish rivals Real Madrid crashing out of Europe's premier club competition last week, Messi made sure that Barcelona suffered no such embarrassment ahead of Friday's last-eight draw.
"
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/03/17/football.barcelona.stuttgart.messi/index.html

barca96

even on my cable, not sure which commentator but it wasn't sky, he said
sorry mr rooney but messi keeps setting the standards higher

B

badboybjörn

What can you say. Hes the best!

On another possitive sidenot i thought the TEAM looked better tonight then in quite a while.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Messi played about 30 minutes more than Rooney this season.

Messi 31 goals - 9 assists
Rooney 32 goals - 4 assists

desoe

The WC looks absolutely decisive about the Ballon d'Or.

It's always decisive in a World Cup year, of course, but right now we just have two pretty fast racing horses.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Lio is now our second best scorer in the Champion's League with 21 carreer goals... He's only behind Rivaldo who has 25...

Last edited:
B

beautifulgame

Messi played about 30 minutes more than Rooney this season.

Messi 31 goals - 9 assists
Rooney 32 goals - 4 assists

While Rooney has been nothing short of exceptional, one just has to compare how those goals were scored by Messi vs. Rooney and you will definitely be able put one above the other.

Last edited:

zanela

First goal was a brilliant strike. 4 stuttgart players on him and they still didn't put in a tackle. They were mesmerised just watching him run with the ball. :p His finishing has been WC recently. Lively, gr8 passing, vision, work rate, the pass to Toure to set up Pedro's goal was awesome. Pooney who?

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
First goal was a brilliant strike. 4 stuttgart players on him and they still didn't put in a tackle. They were mesmerised just watching him run with the ball. :p His finishing has been WC recently. Lively, gr8 passing, vision, work rate, the pass to Toure to set up Pedro's goal was awesome. Pooney who?

Are you referring to the bastard from England ? :O , It would be shameless for anyone to compare Messi with, he is surpassing Maradona, Maradona used to run with the ball and cutting the throat of the defenders inside out with every dodge , Messi is classic and once in a time player.

And also the goal he missed during the last minuets after passing 3 defenders , it was just awesome , even if he doesn`t score, let him be on the ground , and We just feel someone is there for us. :)

Pepe Silvia

I visited an english pub for lunch and when Messi scored that first one me and my girlfriend tore the place apart.

They were probably like, "oh look gretchen theres those mexicans mmmmmmmmmm yes"

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans