10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
To your first question - yes it is. Rummenigge, Van Basten, Cruyff, Keegan and Platini have all won it for two consecutive years. Would be great seeing Messi enter that list.

I think that Platini won it for three consecutive years

B

barcakid999

By the way, do you think that it's even possible for a player to get the Ballon d'Or for two years in a row?

If we imagine a situation at the end of the year, when Messi deserves it more than Rooney, but his advantage is not really so big like the last year (but still an advantage), do you think that they'll give it to him or they will choose Rooney, just because for some reasons it would be better to reward a different player?

It'll all be down to performances in the Champions League and especially the World Cup. Even Cannavaro won it soley from his World Cup performances.

If there's nothing to separate them then in my opinion Messi would be favourite to get it. He's the much more stylish player and generally easier on the eye.

Internazionale

What will happen when Messi is not having a good game or if he's injured? Don't think he'll have this run throughout the season. It's a problem

ranjix

Jefecito
Dinho won it 2 in a row. I hope that Messi wins it for more than 3 in a row. He's becoming awesome with every match that he plays.

Aasim

Bumbleman
MESSI!! How good is he!?! Saying this as a fan of football, he is one of the greats.

First goal was like, oohh..amazing pace, when you gonna pass...ok 5 players around you, you're going nowhere....1-0.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
What will happen when Messi is not having a good game or if he's injured? Don't think he'll have this run throughout the season. It's a problem
No?

You should ask Inter what happens when he is not on the pitch. There is more in Barcelona than Messi. Just when he is playing, you can simply give the ball to him. :)
If he is not, we'll try something else. (and I believe we have always scored when he wasn't on the pitch?)

It's easier with Messi, but it's not a problam as in "Barcelona won't win" when he isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans