10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Soccer players peak at different ages , its more to soccer than just athletic peak and even there it varies.

O yeah obviously there isnt a time period, But in general, players tend to peak at 24/5/6 until 29/30, and then gradually decrease,

there are excepttions of course...

but i was talking generally, that maybe didnt come acrosss...

barca96

O yeah obviously there isnt a time period, But in general, players tend to peak at 24/5/6 until 29/30, and then gradually decrease,

there are excepttions of course...

but i was talking generally, that maybe didnt come acrosss...

i don't think messi will last untill 29/30.
he uses his speed a lot.
hopefully he will be giggs type of player, play till old here and be contend with 2nd choice in his 30's

B

beautifulgame

Nah, by his mid 20's he will become more of a CAM; he is already taking to that role. He will rely more on vision, passing, and freekicks when he eventually begins to lose quickness. His touch, vision, passing ability and shooting is brilliant though so he can play for many many years.

JCCR_FCB

Barcelona, a Cidade Condal
he uses his speed a lot.
hopefully he will be giggs type of player, play till old here and be contend with 2nd choice in his 30's

Well, at that speed, Messi will start his decline around the 30's... but then, others options and advantages incoming

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Him and Maradona had a lil secret meeting yesterday for 2 hours at a hotel to discuss winning the WC and what not... i hope this dosent mean messi now does coke ;)

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
he uses his speed a lot.

Absolute rubbish, Messi has an all round intelligence about his game with his passing etc, plus his dribbling is about low centre of gravity and quick changes of direction. Just like Giggs he should be able to adapt his game as his pace goes. CR on the other hand is very much about his speed and physical attributes, he'll be far less effective when he's old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans