10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FCB_Titi_LB

He was triple marked quite effectively at some points, but he just really off his game today. Those solo spunkages in recent times were kinda badly timed tbh considering the difficult games ahead. Ah well, not complaining that he scored, so let's just hope he can refind his titan form again :)
he wasnt marked by anything he couldnt handle. He just never tried dribble or so...
he did it once and it was almost goal..perhaps he was on holiday

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He actually was tightly marked all game. He played within himself for most of it, but if you have players on you all the time that means your teammates have space, so he passed to them more often than not. He didn't give the ball away much, it wasn't a bad performance by any means. I expect him to do real damage on Tuesday though.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
According to fcb.cat:

No hi era Leo Messi, que després de patir malestar general i migranya, els metges li han aconsellat repòs. L’argentí es reincorporarà a l’activitat divendres.

Messi wasn't attending the recuperation held at Joan Gamper after not feeling well and having a migraine. The medics advised him to rest and he will rejoin the rest of the squad today.

samg85

He did well. He was marked all night and could have scored early on. I'm sure he will do great on the second leg.

desoe

Every time when he starts in a more central role, he has less space to run & dribble and the time he plays with the ball is obviously reduced. I fancy him starting the second leg as a RW and testing Clichy's abilities to mark him.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he was poor in stuttgart, but found form before the second leg which he bossed.

hopefully he can do the same here. although I expect he'll be on the bench for this game.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
scored through the keepers legs.. he ran alot to night i was surprised... he raped them so many times and played perfect imo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice assist from Pedro for his goal. Well done Messi. Shouldn't have played for an entire match imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans