10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2334a

umm let me see i think messi was alright today not all that i dont know why people are going grazy bout him! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: okkkkkkkkkkay , he is incredible!

desoe

justin said:
I think Arsenal will win this one comfortably.
Barcelona will not be able to cope with the quick passing of Arsenal. Barcelona like most Spanish teams can't defend to save their lives which will allow Fabregas and Arshavin to run riot. Personally I don't fear Messi. He's become too overrated of late, so what if he scored 2 hattricks, even rubbish players like Forlan and Kanoute score bucket loads of goals in Spain.

Messi is a decent player but needs plenty of time and space to be effective. Deny Messi time and space and close him down quickly and he'll look lost. That's why he's only scored 1 in 7 against English teams and doesn't play well for Argentina.

And if you shut down Messi, which Arsenal will do, Barcelona only other decisive player with end product is Henry who is already past it.

:worthy:

Caps

I fucking hate this though. he has ALWAYS been brilliant. Amazing dribbles, through balls etc. Its only when he scores a lot that attention (outside Spain) is paid.

There is such an emphasis on goals. i know they are important, but we only seems to give player paundits for goals. xavi and iniesta are both better players than ronaldo-- but he is goalscorer so gets called better in all the awards.

messi has alwasy been worthy of all this attention, but the english media in particualr only pay attention and praise him and call him the best when its huge goal tallys he has. i hate that.

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi > Ronaldo.

Ronaldo = goals, therefore according to media Ronaldo > Xavi, Iniesta, Messi (English media always think thuis til this season).

Moe