10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badboybjörn

Messi is the best we all know that. The fact that some say that penelty wasent that bad tho is ridiculous! It was a really really shitty penelty. If you dont think that pen was shit you have been blinded. Understandable but lets try and atleast stay objective, imo it takes away from messi sayin that pen wasent so bad.

Shit happends hes still the best..

Merv

I'm just now watching the game on a replay so I couldn't say. Just glad I get to watch 'em today. Better late than never.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Lol at the Messi haters out there, never heard them saying his penalties were shit when he scored them, even though he took them exactly the same way. He relies on fooling the keeper rather than going for the corners.

M

maradona10

Messi is currently in london doing a load of 5 a side matches on the hackney marches with laods of under priviliged kids. how random is that?

good of him to do it but I hope he doesn't get injured...

I heard that as well and was wondering, thought it was something to do with Ballon D'or because the Champions League final is at Wembley but that answers it, good on him and thats what you call a good human being, 5 days before he goes to the Calderon too.

Barcafan 2304

Lol at the Messi haters out there, never heard them saying his penalties were shit when he scored them, even though he took them exactly the same way. He relies on fooling the keeper rather than going for the corners.

big lol! The guy is a genius. Crap penalty but everything else he did was sheer magic.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Why exactly was he at Hackney marshes ? Some said he was there for Adidas, some said he was there for charity.

B

badboybjörn

Are you serious? Is there even such a term as "messi haters"? thought everybody loved the guy. Do all the rest of the haters say hes the best aswell?

Get a grip, was a crap pen!

Last edited:

Trillske

Bah, he shoudnt be untouchable. The penalty was ridiculous. Really bad.
Seems to have had an awesome game anyway though so not that it mathers. 6-1 is just mean.

messi's penalties nearly always rely on reading the keeper and tricking them with an easy pass into the net
So if a keeper flips a coin in his head, he saves almost 50%? Cant really be that narrow?

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Are you serious? Is there even such a term as "messi haters"? thought everybody loved the guy. Do all the rest of the haters say hes the best aswell?

Get a grip, was a crap pen!

errm Yes there is, believe it or not despite his total Awesomeness there is still some people that actually dislike him...and its annoying hearing them pick over and over on a pointless penalty miss...

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Well, no one complained before about his penalties because he never took one so badly and even if he did who would complain if it went in? That would make no sense... And I think you're over reacting, nobody has said he sucks or that he should be thrown to the lions, people were just pointing out he didn't take the penalty very well, nothing less, nothing more... Relax a bit, man!

Trillske

Ibra hit a penalty a few inches from beeing perfect, hits the post. Played great. People go crazy over the penalty kick.
Messi hits a downright poor penalty. Played great. But is untouchable?
Messi is probably the best player in the world right now (happens quite often), but it still doesnt make his penalty anything but poor.

And I know Ibra is a bad example because a lot of people dont like him here, but its the most recent I could think of.
My point is no mather if youre humble or an asshole, if you already scored 1 or 10, a poor penalty kick is still a poor penalty kick as an isolated event. Doesnt mean people disslike Messi.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
Ibra hit a penalty a few inches from beeing perfect, hits the post. Played great. People go crazy over the penalty kick.
Messi hits a downright poor penalty. Played great. But is untouchable?
Messi is probably the best player in the world right now (happens quite often), but it still doesnt make his penalty anything but poor.

And I know Ibra is a bad example because a lot of people dont like him here, but its the most recent I could think of.
My point is no mather if youre humble or an asshole, if you already scored 1 or 10, a poor penalty kick is still a poor penalty kick as an isolated event. Doesnt mean people disslike Messi.

well messi's penalty was irrelavant while ibra's PK was as they were down 2-0 and could have used that goal to get back in the game.

M

maradona10

My goodness, Messi misses a penalty and it so happens it was also poorly taken and all of a sudden everyone doubts his ability as a footballer.

Amazing :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans