10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
He didn't deserve it. Years from now when he's an all time great this won't be held against him, but this time he won it because of his reputation, not merit.

hemakesmemessi

He didn't deserve it. Years from now when he's an all time great this won't be held against him, but this time he won it because of his reputation, not merit.

Bullshit....how many times in the last year has messi left you speechless? If that's anything short of 50 you havent been watching. In recent months his passing has been even better than xavi's above all else. Even the at the world cup he was clearly an incredible player working with-in a dissfunctional team and could easily have had numerous goals but for bad luck and setting others up. Lionel Messi certainly did deserve this prize for individual performance and i hope he continues performing to go on and win it for many more years!

Btw, I sentimentally wanted xavi to win it, but messi deserved it.

Pedro17

Visca El Barca

I can understand thinking Xavi or Iniesta should have won it and all, but that statement is a little far fetched IMO. Lionel Messi is hands down the best player in the world! Xavi and Iniesta are amazing as well but Messi is the best.

Btw, I sentimentally wanted xavi to win it, but messi deserved it.

Words out of my mouth... I chose Xavi, but imho it was Messi who deserved it.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
to be honest I was with Xavi too, but I knew for a fact he would not win it...I knew from the start. If Iniesta won it would be from the WC goal. Messi for..well...for being fucking awesome this year. And Xavi for being the best midfielder for Barça next to Iniesta. But I just had a feeling Messi would win it though. And my thoughts were right. Keep it up Messi!!

Last edited:

ryuken

Too bad for Xavi but still congratz to our little wizard of Oz, our little El Messiah, may god protect your leg for many seasons to come :D

Trillske

Still think Xavi should have gotten it.

I guess he deserves it though.
Messi did pretty much the same last season so its easy to overlook the fact that he was probably the best performer this year as well.

Juan03

congrats to Leo, hope he continues to be humble and down to earth and committed to Barca. incredible player and person

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Shameful reactions from some "leading" sports papers ...

They act like they gave the award to Benzema or Bojan. Messi won it, the guy which all those newspapers were drooling about on a weekly basis in 2010.

Cannavaro instead of Ronaldinho, now that was a proper robbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans