10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
The freekick was not out of reach, the placement was not impossible but it was pretty freaking fast on the curve. Brilliant.

I am not so sure if I am correct in what I am saying but being withdrawn from being in too much tight space has somewhat affected his dribbling. He used to function in tight space a bit better but if he was going to score that much, he needed to be withdrawn. You need to lose a little to gain a lot.

Before people go mental on me, it doesn't mean it is gone, it means it isn't as sharp.
I agree, he doesn't do those mazy runs anymore. However, he is more effective now.

Trequartista

The good
The freekick was not out of reach, the placement was not impossible but it was pretty freaking fast on the curve. Brilliant.

I am not so sure if I am correct in what I am saying but being withdrawn from being in too much tight space has somewhat affected his dribbling. He used to function in tight space a bit better but if he was going to score that much, he needed to be withdrawn. You need to lose a little to gain a lot.

Before people go mental on me, it doesn't mean it is gone, it means it isn't as sharp.
He indeed dribbles less but him developing in tight spaces is getting better for me,both are more or less related to his position nowadays centrally rather than starting on the right where he always find spaces to dribble,even usually dropped to help in the build up while he rarely appears in Barca own half in his central position,he is now more effective,he is the goalscorer who scores more goals now,the playmaker who picks more key passes and his position on the right was a waste of talent in my opinion when you have one of your best players tracking back,dropping back where you need him more in attack
anyway maybe Messi the dribbler was more entertaining for many but Messi of 2011 is better and for me more more entertaining.

F

Flavia

:worthy: messi to break the trend of world cup winners winning the ballan dor :worthy: messi

I really wanted Xavi, but this was good. They considered the whole season, ad his season was sensational. He IS the BEST player, no doubt about it.

NightWolf

Some people going absolutely mental over this. It's like Messi hadn't done anything in 2010 and Xavi had created football. :p I also thought Xavi would/should win it but it's not like Messi was a total flop in 2010, anything but actually.

J

Jordzibob

He is god. He deserved it just as much as Xavi, I would of preffered Xavi but I'm still so happy for Leo. Great moment.

gingerless

:worthy: messi to break the trend of world cup winners winning the ballan dor :worthy: messi
first non world cup winning player to win the award, and the first fifa balon'dor winner :worthy:

edit: apparently second to win in wc year, first goes to the legend cruyff :worthy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans