10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Its really amusing to me how people can reach conclusions on players that they have never seen play.

and you are lucky enough to have seen Maradona play live in a stadium? how old are you?

I've seen Messi play live in Camp Nou(4 against Arsenal!) and he is definitely up there with Pele, but Pele still No.1 for me.

I've watched loads and loads of footage of Pele and some matches. Same for Maradona. Probably every documentary ever made.

Last edited:

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
and you are lucky enough to have seen Maradona play live in a stadium? how old are you?

I've seen Messi play live in Camp Nou(4 against Arsenal!) and he is definitely up there with Pele, but Pele still No.1 for me.

I've watched loads and loads of footage of Pele and some matches. Same for Maradona. Probably every documentary ever made.

When have I claimed that I watched Maradona play or when have I ever passed judgement on any player I haven't seen play regularly?

That's why I never get into these Messi vs past-timers or past-timers vs past-timers debates because its pointless.

The fact that you can claim to be able to make an educated decision on whether a player is not only good, but the freaking GOAT, when you actually have never watched him regularly is hilarious.

I have watched virtually every game Messi has played in ever since he was 17-18, and from what I've seen with my own two eyes, these past-timers had to be damn fucking good to beat what this 24 year old is doing week in and week out. The fact that we now have the technology to put players' performances under the microscope every single second and the presence of sites like youtube that ensure nothing will go unnoticed, only makes it tougher for current players to escape criticism over every misplayed pass or wayward shot. Past-timers could probably get away with a lot of things nowadays players won't dream of.

ivan22

happy birthday to the greatest player the world has ever seen so far.

I'm so happy to be able to watch you play, I'll tell my grandson of you! Thanks for everything leo!

:scarf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans