10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xaviniesta

Messi: "With Barcelona, I almost score without wanting it, while at the national team, I try and try and I can't find the way to do it."

he couldn't put this any better.

Last edited:

nebeer

Love is All
Messi: "With Barcelona, I almost score without wanting it, while at the national team, I try and try and I can't find the way to do it."

There's something very zen about it. At Barca he has already mastered the art of effortlessly scoring goals. With Argentina he has to lighten up the intensity a little bit and just let it be. Just play, have fun and the goals will flow.

Clockwise

Buccaneer

Exactly

here's more from that interview he did:

“There are many things you need to become a captain. First and foremost you have to earn the respect of your team. I have earned and that’s very important,”

"There was no extra pressure when I walked onto the pitch on Friday. It was special, but nothing changes when you enter the pitch,”

“When the offer came to me to lead Argentina, Javier (Mascherano) told me to go for it… Wearing the captain’s band is a big thing… I am proud to lead my country,”
(Masch is everyone's sunshine...!)

“He (Sabella) feels I will be at my best by playing in a position I prefer the most… In this particular aspect, his ideas are just like that of Diego (Maradona). He feels this is the way to get the best out of a player. He doesn’t believe in imposing things on players,”

“This hire-and-fire policy will not give us any success. We need Sabella to stay for a longer period. Under his guidance, our team can really scale greater heights. Sacking is no remedy… We need continuity,”

“For Barcelona, I score almost unwittingly. The same cannot be said when I play for Argentina. But I am staying calm… Goals will come,” he said.

“Riquelme is a very good player. We need a player like him. He is the player suited for our style of play. He can pull strings from the midfield. We need a player who can link up well with the frontliners. He will be very vital in World Cup qualifiers,”

“I was thrilled to see such a huge turn-out(at the Salt Lake Stadium). It feels great to be here.” The little magician was mobbed by fans after the match, but he said that he is okay with that. “I do not have any complaints against anyone,” he said.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Exactly

here's more from that interview he did:

“There are many things you need to become a captain. First and foremost you have to earn the respect of your team. I have earned and that’s very important,”

"There was no extra pressure when I walked onto the pitch on Friday. It was special, but nothing changes when you enter the pitch,”

“When the offer came to me to lead Argentina, Javier (Mascherano) told me to go for it… Wearing the captain’s band is a big thing… I am proud to lead my country,”
(Masch is everyone's sunshine...!)

“He (Sabella) feels I will be at my best by playing in a position I prefer the most… In this particular aspect, his ideas are just like that of Diego (Maradona). He feels this is the way to get the best out of a player. He doesn’t believe in imposing things on players,”

“This hire-and-fire policy will not give us any success. We need Sabella to stay for a longer period. Under his guidance, our team can really scale greater heights. Sacking is no remedy… We need continuity,”

“For Barcelona, I score almost unwittingly. The same cannot be said when I play for Argentina. But I am staying calm… Goals will come,” he said.

“Riquelme is a very good player. We need a player like him. He is the player suited for our style of play. He can pull strings from the midfield. We need a player who can link up well with the frontliners. He will be very vital in World Cup qualifiers,”

“I was thrilled to see such a huge turn-out(at the Salt Lake Stadium). It feels great to be here.” The little magician was mobbed by fans after the match, but he said that he is okay with that. “I do not have any complaints against anyone,” he said.

Even when he was younger he showed wisdom beyond his years...

impeh

Hi, its me..

finally..ive wanted to see him back for argentina and he's basically called for it.. that would take alot of creative pressure away from messi. ALTHOUGHHH, i cant say ive seen riquelme play for a while.. he may have horribly declined :lol:

A

ArsenalN5

Do you think he'll ever leave Barcelona?

Like when he's 30+ and play elsewhere like in Argentina?

X

xaviniesta

never say never but he has said that several times that he want to play in barca and retire in argentina.

Hatem Ben Arfa

RIQUELME is coming back for Argentina????

YEAH BABY! BEEN TOO LONG!

Riquelme can still do business! He absolutely owned Arsenal in the Emirates Cup last month.

Argentina would have made WC2010 final had Maradona taken him. Will he be able to do a job in 3yrs time @ BRA2014? I dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans