10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
as much as i dislike robinho i would swap henry for him as he is younger and hungry for titles.

...........i just cant take myself to accept robinho on my team.

SCREW ROBINHO

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yup. Is there anybody that knows much about the Argentine FA? If so, do you think they have the courage to sack Mara?

I doubt they will sack him becasuse there's only 3 games left, well, basically two, considering the next one is a couple days away... However, if they lose their next match and drop another place in the rankings, anything could happen...

Also, the president of AFA (I think Grondona is his last name) made a big fuss about singning Maradona as coach, it was a political decision more than anything, he wanted the popularity and was sort of taking revenge of wellqualified coaches who had rejected the coach role in the past (mainly Carlos Bianchi)... As you can see, it is another case of useless directives making bad choices, and right now everyone is paying the consequences...

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Maradona and pele proof, wonder player don't mean wonder coach. Why cruijff can and beckenbauer can? cause they were not just only wonder player, they were smart.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Can you imagine El Flaco doing lines? No. Can you imagien Der Kaiser making adverts about erectile disfunction? No. Those guys are smart.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
a forward can't produce if the rest of the team is an unorganised messi, can he?

everyone always says maradona won '86 by himself but his supporting cast was bloody good ffs. messi needs a similar supporting cast.

argentina should start kum/tevez and milito up-front with messi in the hole, given a free role.

they'll still need a volante, but that forward arrangement will solve a lot of problems.

the supporting cast for Maradona was piss piss poor ..Messi has a way better team mates,
apart from Valdano & Burruchaga (both good player nothing great or remotely close to Aguero/Tevez/Milito ) the rest was really really poor ..
Maradona can do that as he did the same with Napoli , don't look for excuses Messi is great but Maradona is the greatest
I suspect Bilardo may have been somewhat more tactically astute than Maradona as well.

Billardo is actually Maradona assistant now or advisor , he is part of the staff so go figure ..
Did anyone see on goal.com aka fail.com they gave messi 5.5 and kaka 8, what game were they watching messi was amazing and kaka was quite crap.

And he deserved it .. played part in the 2 Fabiano goals , Messi didn't do anything

Beast

The Observer
He is almost 70 now Adam, the idea was Maradona be the motivational -god-like-Guru while those around him with experience conduct the training and add the tactical aspect .
I guess you can never take the god syndrome out of the likes of Pele,Maradona,Cruyff & Romario ..it all went down the hill with Maradona wanting to play an actual god and have his input on the tactical side.

^^ this is what i concluded personally after reading all articles and news about Maradona situation in the last 5-6 month

sammy

Bring their real "argentinian guru", carlos bianchi. Or maybe give it to young minds like simeone.

Last edited:

Beast

The Observer
I don't think anyone can take that decision yet , especially that whoever picked Maradona are still in charge .
It's a statement of failure for their selection especially with so many football figures included in the staff of Maradona

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the supporting cast for Maradona was piss piss poor ..Messi has a way better team mates,
apart from Valdano & Burruchaga (both good player nothing great or remotely close to Aguero/Tevez/Milito ) the rest was really really poor ..
Maradona can do that as he did the same with Napoli , don't look for excuses Messi is great but Maradona is the greatest

milito hasn't proven it on the international stage.

tevez is average. maybe slightly above. he's certainly not top-class.

the only top-class players messi has as team-mates are cambiasso, gabi milito and aguero (and cambo n' gabi are injured all the time - zanetti is top-class too but has a runner-up mentality with the national team). pastore and de federico may soon join him, though.

and maradona was backed up by brown, ruggeri, batista, valdano and burruchaga. they're all great players, certainly the equal of any of the schmucks messi currently has as team-mates (apart from aguero).

and at napoli I suppose he won things at napoli without giordano, careca, ferrara and de napoli, right?

don't get me wrong, he was always the leading light in his teams, but his individual brilliance makes people forget that he was surrounded by some seriously good players.

look at messi at the olympics, with a solid coherent team around him, he led argentina to victory. that's what he needs at senior level (bring on batista as coach!)

And he deserved it .. played part in the 2 Fabiano goals , Messi didn't do anything

yeah except threaten the brazilian back-line on numerous occasions (he wasn't supported nearly as well as kaka was) not to mention put it on a plate for diego milito only for him to completely bottle the chance.

and really kaka's "perfect pass" - which is the main reason he got the rating - was massively deflected into fabiano's path.

you've turned into even more of a kaka fanboy since he signed for you. he had a poor game, beast. some slack defending allowed two of the chances he "made" to become goals. faced with similar defending, messi could have created goals too. in terms of overall play he was much better.

but we shouldn't be surprised as goal.com is staffed by schmucks.

sammy

I think so. At least, they know how to defend, and they have schemes about how to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans