10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirre_99

Hopefully nothing serious. It didn't look that bad on the replays to be honest.

Had a pretty good second half, made some nice dribbling and a really nice freekick.

I really would like him to put one of his one on ones soon though :)

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i think he played AMAzING second half shame about the injury my god those Ukarins were dirty...

dont expect him to be there this weekend but i hope he can make the world cup (club)

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I rather see him on the bench against Espanyol because those dirty mofos would end up giving him some serious injury, so he's better off rested...

mobster_1930

"Leo Messi has a 1-2 degree sprain in his right ankle that puts him in doubt for the derby with Espanyol on Saturday. His availability depends on the Club Medical Services."
- from the offical web site.

First Degree. This injury is the most common and the most minor. The ankle ligaments are stretched but not torn. There is little swelling and no instability. Usually ankle elevation and an ice pack to reduce pain and swelling are all that is necessary. You can expect to be back to your sport within 2 - 3 weeks.

Second Degree. Ankle ligaments are partially torn. The ankle usually swells quickly with some bruising. These sprains are painful, making walking difficult. Treatment is basically the same as for a first-degree sprain, only longer. Immobilization of the ankle in brace, splint, or elastic bandage may be necessary to ensure proper healing of the torn ligaments. Your ankle may require a three to six week rest before you can return to your sport.

I say one month.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I love the amateur doctors on here. For the record everybody thought they could predict Zlatan's layoff when he had the same injury and he was back well before anybody on here said he would be.

mobster_1930

I love the amateur doctors on here. For the record everybody thought they could predict Zlatan's layoff when he had the same injury and he was back well before anybody on here said he would be.

ffs i'm not playing a doctor here, i'm just predicting from a fan standpoint, and prediction can be wrong. You don't have to analyze every single word said.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't find the news in Catalan press. It went from "will miss Espanyol + CWC" to " doubtful for Espanyol" and now nothing.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Out for the derby... Not sure if he'd be available for CWC semis. Hope he stays on the bench for the final just to get the medal(if we win of course!) :D

zanela

Confirmed on the official site. He has a grade 2 sprain to his right ankle
He is out for the derby & the evolution of his injury 'll determine his availability for the CWC. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans