10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interista

I take it you disagree? :lol: If you remove Messi's goals and rate his performance against Sevilla in Cup, league, and yesterday you will find that he misses more chances than he scores, he barely dribbles and when he does loses the ball more often than not, and generally isn't involved nearly as much as in the beginning of the season. The whole front three is not playing up to their standard at the moment, but like I said Messi makes up for it with goals. Xavi isn't at his best either either tbh. The only attacking Barca player that's consistently impressing me since the start of the year is Iniesta. He's on his own level when it comes to playmaking.

Last edited:

veryfatchocobo

I take it you disagree? :lol: If you remove Messi's goals and rate his performance against Sevilla in Cup, league, and yesterday you will find that he misses more chances than he scores, he barely dribbles and when he does loses the ball more often than not, and generally isn't involved nearly as much as in the beginning of the season. The whole front three is not playing up to their standard at the moment, but like I said Messi makes up for it with goals. Xavi isn't at his best either either tbh. The only attacking Barca player that's consistently impressing me since the start of the year is Iniesta. He's on his own level when it comes to playmaking.

Sounds exactly like a rant on CR9's WPOTY year....

I know this is subjective material. Anyway, looking at Messi's goals, my logic (and other people's logic) would tell me that scoring more goals than last year would mean that he is more involved this year than last year. He is #1 for the Pichichi right now, and he isn't even a striker. Also, I thought Messi was dribbling more this year than last year.... If he did lose the ball more than last year, our possession stats would reflect that, but they've stayed relatively the same as last year. Besides, since when did any player score more goals per shots on goal? Again though, this stuff is subjective...

If you disregard every legendary forward's goals + best games, you'll realize all of them would be crap.... It's like ignoring a Ferrari having a V12 engine. It would be slow and crap without it. <_<

Nirre_99

I think he has played prety well, not at peak performance yet but he is still a constant threat and is involved in the play.

Sure he misses some chances but noone has a 100% record of that, he does score though unlike a few games in a row awhile back when he missed some really good chances and didn't score.

I'm happy with him :)

G.J

V.H. 4 life
messi.jpg

http://www.lavozlibre.com/noticias/ampliar/36629/messi-con-la-roja-gracias-a-el-follonero

oh dear...

Moe