10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingerless

Chelsea and Inter sat perversely deep, so the likes of Cambiasso, Zanetti, Essien, Ballack, etc. could move up and challenge Messi knowing full well there was still a wall of defenders behind them so even if he beat them (and he often beat one or two men). teams in Lliga don't sit that deep (well, most don't) so there is often more space for Messi as defenders can't challenge him as freely, because if he beats them he could break into the more dangerous space behind them.

you also need a compliant referee, so you can kick the bejeesus out of him without getting punished. Inter and Chelsea thrived off lenient refs (the Portuguese guy in Sansa was even Mourinho's old friend and business partner) and just brutalised Messi. except Zanetti, he defended him straight-up, man-to-man. it no doubt helped that he's known Messi for years and years, but by gum he was fantastic.

god he's a legend.

:worthy:

CesDel

What's all this rubbish? Inter were loads better than those sides, can't believe that actually needs to be stated.

Tbf inter had alot of help from the volcano, making barca travel to milano by bus meaning the players were most likely already tired before the game started..

"Solid" doesnt really do it justice, it was an outstanding defensive performance, to be objective about it even as Barca fan. We did score late on yeh, it should of counted but it didnt, but that doesnt take away from the quality of the defending from Inter. It wasnt like Chelsea the year before, where they just played like pathetic little cowards, Inter gave a brilliant tactically, organised showing, and it payed off. You can glorify our attacking football to the high heavens, call it the best there is, but that was the parrallel with defending.

Inter at camp nou played just as cowardly as chelsea did..

Jedy

Inter had luck on their side, thats the real cause of the dirty win.
Not given penalties and a not given goal.

Chelsea - Barca it was the other way around.

Both played like bitches.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Hey guys,

Argentina vs Portugal,

is Messi playing tonight?

And is the game on TV in the UK? I must watch this game.

I just have a fear that Carvalho, Pepe & Penaltiano Ronaldo will try to injure him, because that is the only way I can see them having a chance of Winning La Liga! And anyone who has follow Carvalho's career will know he is a dirty dirty player, and is not averse to flying into tackles two footed.

That said I must watch this game. Please tell me if you know which TV channels it will be televised on in the UK.

Ocelot

Inter had luck on their side, thats the real cause of the dirty win.
Not given penalties and a not given goal.

Chelsea - Barca it was the other way around.

Both played like bitches.

Inter were very good in San Siro, better than us for sure. But we had a pen and Milito's goal was offside. In the 2nd leg they did the right thing and defended, and they defended very well. Why should you attack when you are 3 - 1 agg with 10 men.

Chelsea vs Barca, This happens everytime we play against an english team with good defence at home in the first leg. I think that's the only way to win , Defend away from home and beat them in your ground

Blaugrana94

Lionel Messi: 19 matches - 94 shoots (34% goals) - 24 goals - 14 assists
C. Ronaldo: 22 matches - 167 shoots (14% goals) - 24 goals - 6 assists

AzaR

Doesn't matter how good of a player you are, beating a defense like that individually isn't going to happen. There are times he dribbles past 2 or 3 and still runs into numeral people.

Anyone would have struggled.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Rubin Kazan did the best defensive job on Barca number of times, any team can do it, Inter didn't do that great as they leaked (or should have) 2 goals and we shouldv'e been through, any team can put eleven men behind the ball it's nothing special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans