10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armando929

He tried hard.

But there was only so much he could do. He was heavily marked and there weren't many lending themselves to him in support.

Hopefully he explodes against Chelsea on Tuesday.

e28makaveli

Sometimes I wonder if he'd be better off if Pep told him to stay high up instead of coming deep. While it's great having his skill in midfield, it often puts him too far away from where we most need him.
Then we just circulate the ball in our half. Messi comes deep to get the ball so that we can move forward and this typically happens when we have been passing the ball around in our half to no availl. Atleast this is what I have noticed. With Iniesta wide, Xavi passing left and right and of course, Busquets doing his thing, no-one wants to force the issue. You see those passes Messi forces into the box, usually for Villa or Cesc to just relay it back, no-one else on this team does that. Like someone else said, he is involved in almost EVERYTHING we do going forward. I hope his pay reflects this.

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
drops too deep, shouldve let iniesta/thiago/xavi do their job and make chances for him. Dont think he had a shot? same against chelsea really.

Yeh he sets up others, but we need HIM in those positions

e28makaveli

drops too deep, shouldve let iniesta/thiago/xavi do their job and make chances for him. Dont think he had a shot? same against chelsea really.

Yeh he sets up others, but we need HIM in those positions
Question is why were Xavi, Iniesta or Thiago not doing their job? How long is he supposed to wait up field for the ball to get to him? How many runs does he have to make only for Xavi or Iniesta to think twice before passing the ball? Folks are holding the ball longer than neccessary. Maybe folks are becoming mentally fatigued.

Der Kaiser

Don´t know guys, he looked really different tonight. It seemed like he just waited for his teammates to pass him the ball, then do something magical, either on his own or with a pass. At first I thought he was just lazy, not into it or overplayed, because he was only running when he had the ball and rarely ran into channels. But then I thought that he knew that his teammates couldn´t break Real, and that he had to do it on his own.

Rodolfo

Question is why were Xavi, Iniesta or Thiago not doing their job? How long is he supposed to wait up field for the ball to get to him? How many runs does he have to make only for Xavi or Iniesta to think twice before passing the ball? Folks are holding the ball longer than neccessary. Maybe folks are becoming mentally fatigued.

i already said it, they are not passing to messi because there are 4 guys on him, he has no space to work with, and that's why he drops deep so he can get a
clean pass and look up the field, and why he doesn't have space close to the area? because u got no penetration from the wingers. when villa or pedro made a
cut inside last year, the CD has to follow him, and messi gets space to work between the CD and the DM, that's when he will be able to work his magic.

sukhy

I think he's really feeling the strain of carrying the team since 2012 started, Cesc dropped off forn, Xavibstruggled with injuries, Iniesta has been off colour (and no that isnt a pale joke) Alexis kept getting injured, Pedro has been struggling for form, the constant changing of partners up front and changing of his role and position also takes its toll, now that everything hinges on the Chelsea game, I think he mighy just explode, he's been hurt over the last two losses, you can see it in his face, he feels exactly like we do, he's got the power to make the difference and he knows it, you can do it Leo!!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Aside from the should-have-been-assist to Xavi, his passing was terrible and look disinterested... I won't hold it against him though, because he's the reason we made it so far...

hemakesmemessi

He was shit like the rest of our team. The rest of the team were slightly more shit. I know he will destroy the champions league though. He is the best ever

B

beautifulgame

my god, you are blind.

the guy puts multiple goals on the platter for our team to score every game no matter what. today was no different; don't blame him because no one else has the goddman nerve to score one freaking goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans