10 - Lionel Messi - v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkQ

I know I may seem random now XD, but let's keep the chat going :p
Can anyone find a very useful topic or site that has the stats or solid comparisons between Messi and Ronaldo. Who should win the Ballon D'or? I have been having hard time explaining why i think Messi should get it, but the fact that I don't watch a lot of RM matches and know little about C7 didn't help me at all XD.
Most thing they argue about is that Messi does not do good job with Argintena unlike C7 who showed a better run with Portugal. Do you think this is the case and it's true?

DennyCrane

I know I may seem random now XD, but let's keep the chat going :p
Can anyone find a very useful topic or site that has the stats or solid comparisons between Messi and Ronaldo. Who should win the Ballon D'or? I have been having hard time explaining why i think Messi should get it, but the fact that I don't watch a lot of RM matches and know little about C7 didn't help me at all XD.
Most thing they argue about is that Messi does not do good job with Argintena unlike C7 who showed a better run with Portugal. Do you think this is the case and it's true?

Welcome :beer2: !

No, because there are none. And there are the reasons why: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1146550-ronaldo-vs-messi-5-way-you-cant-compare-the-players

for stats, look here for example: http://now-football.com/2012/07/09/messi-v-ronaldo-stats-20112012/ Drawing your own conclusions from that is suggested.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Lionel Messi in his Last 5 Games for Argentina NT has scored 9 Goals (1 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 1) and Provided 2 Assists.

As for the Ballon D'or , Messi has in 11/12 - Most goals club + NT :82 ( 72+ 9 )
- Most goals in all competitions :73
- Most goals in Liga 1 season :50
- Most goals in 1 UCL season: 14
- Most hatricks in Liga 1 season :8
- Most hatricks Club + Country : 12
- Most UCL goals in 1 game : 5
- Most hatricks in 1 UCL season : 2
- Most home liga goals in 1 season ever : 35
- Scored in 10 consecutive games ( 18 goals )
- Scored and assisted in all 6 competitions that he played
- Barca's all time goal scorer with 253.

If this isn't enough for winning , then the award should be given to Afellay.

MMKa

It's a bit contradictory. The author says:
1st opinion, goals. Messi has more goals because Cronaldo is winger and his main duty is to pass and assist goals not make them. You cannot compare.
2nd opinion, assists. Messi has more assists because he passes more. You cannot compare.

Cronaldo is not doing what he should or what? There is also miscalculation due to partial or wrong data. Messi's goal per game ratio across 2 seasons was atm 1.16 not 0.88 and Cronaldo's 1.06 not 0.90.

The author is right though when he says goals are not sufficient factor. Still, author compares goals and assists separately. If you add assists, you can compare contribution to game better, to put it simply: you can compare wingers and other forwards. Messi and Cronaldo.

3rd opinion about team reliance is not very interesting but 4th about attitude is nonsense. He whines about people not liking arrogant sore loser and preferring modest and humble player. I have not heard anybody saying Messi is better player because he is humble. Then again 5th opinion, silverware, I agree. Individuals do not win trophies, that's what teams do.

abual3bed1

that FK :worthy:

he's really getting better in those situation, good to see him doing them well lately. still not the best FK taker.

ammarfcb

ze special one
di-GNH0.gif

bored. thought i'd make it. hope the next one is gonna be a goal gif.

Stric

It's a bit contradictory. The author says:
1st opinion, goals. Messi has more goals because Cronaldo is winger and his main duty is to pass and assist goals not make them. You cannot compare.
2nd opinion, assists. Messi has more assists because he passes more. You cannot compare.

Cronaldo is not doing what he should or what? There is also miscalculation due to partial or wrong data. Messi's goal per game ratio across 2 seasons was atm 1.16 not 0.88 and Cronaldo's 1.06 not 0.90.

The author is right though when he says goals are not sufficient factor. Still, author compares goals and assists separately. If you add assists, you can compare contribution to game better, to put it simply: you can compare wingers and other forwards. Messi and Cronaldo.

3rd opinion about team reliance is not very interesting but 4th about attitude is nonsense. He whines about people not liking arrogant sore loser and preferring modest and humble player. I have not heard anybody saying Messi is better player because he is humble. Then again 5th opinion, silverware, I agree. Individuals do not win trophies, that's what teams do.

Not only that, but Tristiano actually has less goals with way more attempts at shots on goal than Messi. Which completely erases any theory that he, as a winger, is less likely to score than Messi as a forward. He just has a worse attempts-to-goals ratio - therefore, Messi is the better goalscorer (apart from everything else). Besides, Cristina can be a winger on paper, but he still acts as a striker a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans