10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cule4life

The Culest
Messi needs to score against Sevilla tonight, then only Celta Vigo left to match the record Ronaldo did last season (score against all teams in the season)... could go one better if scores an own goal. :)

At this point of time records arent worth anything. Our season is on the line

Indignado

Messi spends way too much time behind Xavi and Iniesta. That's pushing the false #9 role a bit too far. It's about retreating to the midfield, sure, but I'm pretty sure he's still supposed to be in front virtually everyone other than the wingers. Losing a ball near the opponent's box is one thing, losing it at the center of the pitch with most of your team in front of you is another.

This

K

Karnivore

At this point of time records arent worth anything. Our season is on the line

lol don't be so dramatic mate. Barcelona are 15(?) points clear in the league, still in the Copa del Rey and are more than capable of scoring two or three against Milan

All he has to do is score against Celta and he equals Ronaldo's record (score against all teams in La Liga in 1 season).

Last edited:

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
He was really poor in the first half, missing tons of passes as well as 3 freekicks. Also failed when he tried to dribble opponents and barely tried shooting. He did however do decently when he got a shot in on the gk and with his pass to Iniesta for the chance. He looked a better player when he had Villa in front of him - something to ponder.

He did score the winner, and in the 15:th consecutive league game, so not all was bad, but we need him in better form vs Real and Milan. I'd have rested him today, but hopefully he'll atleast be on the bench vs Depor in two weeks time.

sukhy

Plays a lot better when Barca stretch the pitch, what a shocker! Give him people to pass to and play 1-2s off and you have him at his best, dont give him any options and you see him like the Milan game, its the same with every player, play to their strengths, and you HAVE to play to the strengths of the best. Open the pitch up and watch him fly. All of those prophecies regarding his beast mode months look a bit odd, especially when Barca are playing a 4-3-3 with no wingers, but if we wing it up then I can see where you're coming from.

J

jiopi

He was really poor in the first half, missing tons of passes as well as 3 freekicks. Also failed when he tried to dribble opponents and barely tried shooting. He did however do decently when he got a shot in on the gk and with his pass to Iniesta for the chance. He looked a better player when he had Villa in front of him - something to ponder.
So he was poor when he did something bad and decent when he did something good? Great analyse. Was it also poor when he himself got 2 of the 3 freekicks from dribbling and forcing a foul?

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Messi: "Madrid press spreading rumours about me? Knowing where they come from, I don't care too much about it."

Like a Boss!

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
So he was poor when he did something bad and decent when he did something good? Great analyse. Was it also poor when he himself got 2 of the 3 freekicks from dribbling and forcing a foul?

Ofcourse not. Him doing the bad things several times was what made it poor. Not learning from his mistakes, doing things that are bound to fail, that is poor. Getting a shot on goal is a good thing, but it's still only decent as he's expected, anyone who's supposed to be the goalscorer is, to do more. Can't be too difficult to understand.

hellsangel1

The quality of his throughballs has declined. Messi didn't play great in this game especially in the first half but he still managed to score a goal. So it's a good sign if a player manages to contribute even if he is below-par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans