10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterplatin

Messi never looked like a speedy player to me so I haven't noticed any change in his speed or his ability to beat defenders .His strength is good acceleration and that is what is mostly needed for a false 9 like him and more so in our system .

FiReFTW

Finally someone who realised this. As you say yourself, his strength has always been his agility, balance and how quick he is the first meters (he's not really exceptionally fast over the course of a full run compared to anyone else). These are quite heavily affected by additional mass.

Messi isn't quite as agile as he used to be but let's not blow things out of proportions, he's not less agile by a lot as some people seem to make it a case of night and day difference.

Acceleration (quick in the first few meters as you put it) is not really affected by additional muscle mass, agility is but it has nothing to do with acceleration.

Paganinisrvnge

I'm praying for some Messi magic against Madrid. Barcelona need to win this match convincingly or I fear there will not be a return to form good enough to overcome the deficit vs Milan.

E

El Messiah 10

What happens to Messi? ....he's hidden in the pitch, lost a lot of balls, he's slow and "convulted", misses a lot of passes.

BarcaGirl

He clearly has lost all motivation. He doesn't give a single fu*k anymore and completely disappears against big teams. The only thing he cares about is, how many goals he's going to score against Getafe, Deportivo, .... :angry:

I'm seriously pissed and I'm praying hard, that CR wins the Ballon D'or next year. Maybe than Messi is going to wake up.

Kerrybai

Messi will get a lot of shit because he is our best player, but this wasn't an underwhelming Messi, it was an underwhelming Barca. The whole team was poor.

There was no desire, no guile or ingenuity. Our passing was poor, our 6 second rule was left at home to the extent that there was no pressing whatsoever.

Still though we are only out of a domestic cup... still 16 points ahead of Madrid in the league. On the plus side the management should now know to change things against Milan to give us a chance.

abual3bed1

What do you expect from a player with 3 players surrounding him as soon as he gets the ball??

Not defending him he's been bad and he's the best for a reason but, well he really didn't give anyone a chance to defend him tonight, did he?

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Don't say he doesn't care when he does. Every player goes through bad form. Can't believe this forum sometimes. If a player is doing well for us he is the next best thing since sliced bread, but if he isn't doing well, then you hear "BENCH HIM".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans