10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Last season, Lionel Messi needed 35* games to reach 42 goals in the Spanish league, while this season it took him 28* games [via @champ_ian]

Lionel Messi has scored in every league game since 3 November 2012, scoring at least one goal in 18 matches in a row [via @castrolfootball]

With 42 goals, Lionel Messi overtakes Dixie Dean (40 in 1927/28) after the first 28 league games. Dean ended league with 60 [via @champ_ian]

24q30ok.jpg

J

jiopi

I can make my own judgement. Messi seems to quiet too be a captain.
Yes you can, so why did you ask? After Messi became Argentina's captain, Messi has been performing in a whole different level, he equaled Batistuta's scoring record, the team has been performing in a whole different level and they are a top of the hardest and most competitive WCQ-groups. Yes, he can't be a captain obviously.

Y

Youngie

Yes you can, so why did you ask? After Messi became Argentina's captain, Messi has been performing in a whole different level, he equaled Batistuta's scoring record, the team has been performing in a whole different level and they are a top of the hardest and most competitive WCQ-groups. Yes, he can't be a captain obviously.

Just stating the obvious. Please don't tell me that's all down to Messi being the Arge captain...

J

jiopi

Just stating the obvious. Please don't tell me that's all down to Messi being the Arge captain...
You are obviously stating how narrow your view of captaining is. And yes, they now miraculously play so much better that it also covers Messi's bad captaining. :lol:

Y

Youngie

You are obviously stating how narrow your view of captaining is. And yes, they now miraculously play so much better that it also covers Messi's bad captaining. :lol:

All down to the coach. With or without the armband the Argie team play for Messi - the others aren't on his level. Whereas at Barça you need a captain that can "bark" to demand the best from the players (i.e. Puyol/Valdes) or demand respect (Xavi). It's different.

Kerrybai

As a captain Messi can lead by example. Anyways it's not something we will see often as he is 5th in the pecking order. He'll be captaining Argentina again on Friday night.

J

jiopi

All down to the coach. With or without the armband the Argie team play for Messi - the others aren't on his level. Whereas at Barça you need a captain that can "bark" to demand the best from the players (i.e. Puyol/Valdes) or demand respect (Xavi). It's different.
True in that sense, that making Messi a captain, was the first thing that Sabella did. Messi has showed that he can "bark" and ask better from players, or have we already forgotten the Villa/Tello things? And you would be highly deluded if one of, if not the biggest club legends wouldn't get respect when demanded.

Kerrybai

A couple of months ago people on here were complaining when messi barked at Tello.

Y

Youngie

Messi can "bark" at Tello/Villa/Alexis but not at Puyol/Xavi/Busquets/Iniesta/Valdes etc.

Yannick03

Messi can "bark" at Tello/Villa/Alexis but not at Puyol/Xavi/Busquets/Iniesta/Valdes etc.

Does he have to ? I'm expecting from them after all those years of professional football that they know their tasks.

And like Pep said in the video with Baggio : "If he wants to, he makes you win"

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I don't think Messi needs to "bark" at his team-mates.

I think with Tello it makes sense that all he did was remind him that he has team-mates and to try and make better final decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans