10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaviMessiGirl

Alright kids play nice, no need to continuously bait each other. It's an interesting debate (whether Messi would do well in Serie A or another league), but no need to be rude, arrogant or anything else but respectful. That goes for both sides. Thanks.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
751928620.jpg

Messi with the armband : HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG

Garrus

So Ronaldo breaks a record in which at best possible scenario can only be equaled, Yet messi finds a way to make it more impressive....

speechless.gif

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I said defend better

I don't care about numbers, you can see with your eyes.

I genuinely don't give much of a shit though, i was just responding.

Kerrybai

Kerrybai, I caught you saying something to the effect of "Messi will become one of the best midfielders in the world.." in the chatbox, do you mean when he gets older and slower later in his career, he will be transitioning to the kind of midfielder like Xavi and Pirlo?
Yes I know he will need to work hard to adapt but he currently has the necessary skills to make the transition , I.e passing and vision. The biggest issue for him will be learning how to control the tempo of a game from the middle. It may never happen but I hope it does as it could prolong his time at Barca.

J

jiopi

I remember Falcao saying at the start of the season, he could score as many as Cronaldo and Messi. Which did look some time he could, but then Messi just accelerated away.

Without penalties Messi (39) has exactly 3x the goals of Falcao (13). :wacko:

K

Karnivore

That's 25 league games scored in too - in the next 3 matches matches he can beat Ronaldo's record of scoring in 27 matches and 23 away goals from last season whilst also beating Guiza's record of scoring in 14 away matches (2007/08)

Villa holds the record for fastest hat-trick in 5 minutes, that's a challenge for Messi to break, shame it takes 5 minutes for Barcelona to build up play to get players in on goal.

Other than that the only record left for him to shatter in Spain in Zarra's scoring total - which will likely happen by Christmas 2013/January 2014.

Kerrybai

At 25 messi had more goals than the likes of del Piero, next season he will catch the likes of Raul. I wonder how far up the goal ladder he will climb. I believe Pele is second on the all time lost with 757 goals, maybe one day Messi will hit those numbers.

J

jiopi

At 25 messi had more goals than the likes of del Piero, next season he will catch the likes of Raul. I wonder how far up the goal ladder he will climb. I believe Pele is second on the all time lost with 757 goals, maybe one day Messi will hit those numbers.
Pele is third behind Bican and Romario. Here's the list http://www.rsssf.com/players/prolific.html

Note, it counts also regional and lower divisional games.

If Messi can keep this up 2-3 seasons, he will be up there in the end.

Last edited:

Yannick03

He won't be far of, he now has around 350 goals so another 400 in about 8 year. Sounds reasonable... for Lionel Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans