10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Leo

Banned
I have a feeling he wont play but also I am worried with a weak defense we may need him to step in if PSG scores a goal.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Agree with Flavia ^ There are many players who will come along like Ronaldo ( Gareth bale ) While ronaldo will certainly go down as a great player he will never be compared with the Gods of football. Players like Messi, pele, cruyff change the game of football. I always envied those who lived during Maradonas era. I wondered what it was like to see such a player live, Ronaldo de Lima was incredible before his injuries but unfortunately I largely missed him too as I was young. Then messi came along and showed me what I had missed.

If Neymar was even half the player. El Fenómeno, what a freaking fantastic player that was!

[YOUTUBE]uVueW6X7TM0[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: I watched almost every Inter and Madrid game just to see him, even though I hate those teams with a passion :lol:

Last edited:
T

tariqo

And that is judged by the number of goals he has scored? On what basis are we saying Ronaldo is not on the same level as Messi?

on every basis

roanldo is a good player who can be compared to rooney, aguero ,rvp etc

but with messi he looks below average

raedkuwait

on every basis

Naa i think Ronaldo is way better than rooney, aguero, rvp etc, but he is not as good as messi.
comparing the 2 ronaldoes| ( the Portuguese and the Brazilian ) is a valid comparison.

K

Karnivore

Ronaldo will go down as one of the games greats purely for his goal output. That's not to discredit his ability as a player, but there are many before him that were more talented on the ball, what separates them is Ronaldos outstanding movement and ability to be a threat on goal from virtually anywhere on the pitch.

Messi is a much bettet player and will go down as the games greatest player. Ronaldo will go down as one of the games most devastating finishers, like Muller and Greaves, both of whome were superb players in their own right btw

loozy

:lol::lol::lol:

@ Karnivore
I agree with your statement.

I have huge respect for both players, they are both amazing; but Messi has this X-factor, he has got this something that Ronaldo is lacking. He makes up for it in determination, ambition and passion, though (that is not to say that Messi does not have those in abundance, either).

abual3bed1

If Neymar was even half the player. El Fenómeno, what a freaking fantastic player that was!

[YOUTUBE]uVueW6X7TM0[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: I watched almost every Inter and Madrid game just to see him, even though I hate those teams with a passion :lol:

WTF happened to Brazil?? Went from El Fenómeno to NeyNey and Fabiano!!

That would be careless and risky. He can be on the bench and come on if really needed. Otherwise, he shouldn't play.

I said I'm hoping he's able to start. If he's not at 100%, then ofc he shouldn't be started.

If he's not able to start, I'm really hoping the rest of the team does really well in his absence...

Last edited:
T

tariqo

Naa i think Ronaldo is way better than rooney, aguero, rvp etc, but he is not as good as messi.
comparing the 2 ronaldoes| ( the Portuguese and the Brazilian ) is a valid comparison.

if aguero or rvp got the same help ronaldo got they will score the same amount of this tap in goals :lol:

ronaldo will go down as the most overrated player ever

Henry_IB

Banned
if aguero or rvp got the same help ronaldo got they will score the same amount of this tap in goals :lol:

ronaldo will go down as the most overrated player ever

You're biased as hell. As much as one might not like Ronaldo as a person or Real Madrid being a barca fan, you can't deny that Ronaldo is a far better play than both RVP or aguero. Ronaldo has incredible off the ball movement, speed and reading of the game to put himself so consistently into all of those tap-in situation.

J

jiopi

Messi%20Zidane%20Volley.gif

Yannick03

You're biased as hell. As much as one might not like Ronaldo as a person or Real Madrid being a barca fan, you can't deny that Ronaldo is a far better play than both RVP or aguero. Ronaldo has incredible off the ball movement, speed and reading of the game to put himself so consistently into all of those tap-in situation.

Still, I think the conversion rates of Aguero and RVP are higher than Ronaldos. But Ronaldo is competing for second best player in the world with Iniesta, nonetheless.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Still, I think the conversion rates of Aguero and RVP are higher than Ronaldos. But Ronaldo is competing for second best player in the world with Iniesta, nonetheless.

That's only because Ronaldo takes shots from everywhere (which btw he is allowed to). Finishing wise, Ronaldo is only comparable to Messi. His quick link up has improved a lot over the past 3 years and his crossing has always been very good. His greatest assets - pace, movement, headers, X factor - are way above Aguero, RvP and even Ibra's level.

It's hard to compare Ronaldo and Iniesta. Not only are they different positions, but Ronaldo is far more important to Madrid than Iniesta is to Barca. Given that, I think it's fair if people call him second best player even though Iniesta might be more skillful.

J

jiopi

How did this thread become overrate Cronaldo thread again? Last season Higuain, Benzema and Cronaldo were all as effective related to playing time, so only advantage Cronaldo has is physique to those players. This season Benzema has been also as effective. Now compare effectiveness to other top players, and their gap to teammates is most certainly bigger. That's why Cronaldo is always overrated by numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans