10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doobs

The Messiah
The fact that he played back to back games for Argentina and Barca (One match at 3000ft above sea level) didn't help his case either.

Me55i D105

Funny isn't it - Guardiola never rested him, never injured in four seasons (bar Ujfalusi's disgusting tackle). He's been rested a couple times this season and he's suffered two injuries. May that be a lesson to the muppets who consistently harp on about how he needs to rest, it's became tedious in the fact EVERY single week it's being said on here.

Well you can't draw conclusions like that. First thing is he got older. The second thing is that playing a lot puts strain on your body and sooner or later you will injure yourself, for Messi it became later. Now true, we don't know if Tito changed his diet and training but there are still many factors that decide wheter or not a injury might appear.

Things like bad luck is probably the culprit here, no matter how good genes or how fast you heal if you have bad luck you will have a bad time. Guardiola did rest him when he was able to but mostly they were rarely this dominant to be able to rest Messi without risking a title, they always had important point games or just important games therefore resting wasn't an option. Also one of the reasons Iniesta injured himself and was gone for a good while and was experiencing bad form.

Usually rest seems to motivate and make Messi a monster i.e. after holiday breaks he comes back strong or in the beginning of the season. I don't remember after Ujfalusi´s tackle how he played when he came back, but this time I think he has to have at least one game he plays to both test how it feels when it doesn't matter much and also gain confidence.

F

Flavia

Funny isn't it - Guardiola never rested him, never injured in four seasons (bar Ujfalusi's disgusting tackle). He's been rested a couple times this season and he's suffered two injuries. May that be a lesson to the muppets who consistently harp on about how he needs to rest, it's became tedious in the fact EVERY single week it's being said on here.
This could actually be the no rest from before taking its toll. But the game at la paz might be the culprit.

Kerrybai

This could actually be the no rest from before taking its toll. But the game at la paz might be the culprit.

Or it's just bad luck, it's easy to read into theses things too much, even the medical staff probably wouldn't be able to give a definitive answer.

spark

Hes definitely better with rest than dead tired. Look at the champions league finals or the Copa del Rey final last year. That goes for all of our players. Its often the difference between that extra burst of speed or crisp link up play. If we didn't have those matches agaisnt Madrid last year at semi final time, we might have got past Chelsea by resting players at the weekend. You can always tell when mental fatigue is weighing them down. Incidentally, I would say Pique and Alves are the ones that most need a break right now.

mixer

He always wants to play because he dont like to rest. If he rests he is "pissed". He cant live without the ball and rest isnt as good for him as for other players maybe.

ivan22

:wub: :wub: :wub:
OT0tZnE.jpg

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
What a cute baby. He seems so much happier and settled now that his son has been born. I'm really happy for him and his new family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans