10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

messi_xavi_iniesta

From https://twitter.com/BarcaStat
Is Khaled in this forum?

Best average goal scoring performance ver in the CL. He even beats RVN.

A8EtFA9CcAAQ7zl.png:large

Paganinisrvnge

I was bored and decided to browse other teams forums. Check out what I found in a thread on a Chelsea forum about Ronaldo vs Messi.

"they are both fantastic footballers,although Ronaldo is an arrogant twat.
Honestly i think in time,Hazard will surpass them both."

:troll: :lol:

Me55i D105

Cristiano Ronaldo 2002-12 --> 288 goals

Lionel Messi 2004-12 --> 275 goals

He will soon surpass Ronaldo in total goals scored in club football.

Also:

Gerard Butler (Scottish actor): "Ballon d'Or? How can you look beyond Messi... Immense to watch, simply the best player in the world" [fifa]

Even Leonidas who died thousands of years ago knows who is the best :D.

Last edited:

lessthanjake

No, clearly the reason why we were alive until the end of the last Liga BBVA was because Messi scored often enough. However, "exneo" said that "Messi was never shutdown" and I was trying to point out that that was actually one of the reasons why we lost the last La Liga BBVA. Because in some games, Messi was shutdown, couldn't score and we would lose points because none else would either, like in the last Clasico in Camp Nou that we lost it and all our hopes died with it (Messi:0 goals)... (That's why it's great to have Pedro and Villa as well, because they can step up and score, however the last one will end up leaving if he's not happy)

To some degree I agree with this. However, I think you're operating under an odd assumption You believe that Messi is sometimes shut down so we should looks for Villa and Pedro more to keep them around for when Messi is shut down.

However, this relies on an assumption that the team ever WOULD start looking for Villa and Pedro when Messi is "shut down." I don't think they would because I don't think it would be logical. When Messi is "shut down," he is not playing worse than the other strikers; a team is just playing good defense and he happens to not get goals. But I fail to see how it is rational for the team to decide to stop feeding Messi. He is so consistent that is pretty much always going to be the most likely person on the pitch to score even if he hasn't scored against the team yet that match and is being covered tightly. He's just always the best option statistically. Of course, you can say in hindsight if Messi doesn't score that the team should've looked for someone else, but in the moment, Messi will always be the best option, unless he's legitimately off his game.

For instance, just because he failed to get a goal in the first match against Chelsea last season doesn't mean he wasn't the best option to go to in the 2nd game. The fact that he didn't score in the 2nd game doesn't mean he wasn't the most likely to score if fed the ball.

E

El Messiah 10

I was bored and decided to browse other teams forums. Check out what I found in a thread on a Chelsea forum about Ronaldo vs Messi.

"they are both fantastic footballers,although Ronaldo is an arrogant twat.
Honestly i think in time,Hazard will surpass them both."

:troll: :lol:

Hazard is a great player...anyway he will never compares against C.Ronaldo.
Even less against Messi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans