10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me55i D105

It's going to be very hard to repeat the second half of the previous season, for a while he racked up insane numbers.

P

Patty2720

Cheers.

So he's doing the same as he did last year at this point.
Yeah! He has a very good chance to up himself from last season! I think he will score over 80 this season !

last season after 25 games he scored 27 goals
this season after 19 games he scored 24 goals
6 games
3 goals

Last season after 29 games he scored 31 goals
This season after 19 games he scored 24 goals
10 games
7 goals

Last season after 39 games he scored 38 goals
This season after 19 games he scored 24 goals
20 games
14 goals

Last season he scored in 12 out of 19 games
This season he scored in 13 out of 19 games

P

Patty2720

It's almost inconceivable that Messi could have an even better season than last season but it's looking very possible now.
Things we also need to take into consideration:

1. Barca is doing much better this season, they've won 17/20 so far. Compared to last season 14/20.

2. Messi is more consistent this season, he have scored in 13/19 games so far. Compared to last season 12/19.

3. In 10/13 games he scored this season, Messi scored 2 or more goals. Compared to last season 8/12

4. Well, he just keeps getting better season after season.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
1. Barcelona are doing better, on paper...but in terms of quality of play, chances and vulnerability I think they are not better this season

2. Messi continues to get better and that, as hard to believe as it is, is to be expected considering he has yet to hit his prime really...best yet to come?

3. Messi is scoring a greater percentage of the team's goals and play is channeling predominantly through him...and less & less through others...Better?...Debatable but certainly not more balanced despite seeing a wider distribution of scorers this season, 14 different players have scored thus far

X

xaviniesta

barca last season until christmas was magical. one of the most exciting to watch. supercopa win vs madrid, the 3-4-3 vs villarreal, the games with valecncia and athletic, beating real madrid twice in a week, 1-3 was magical when they changed 433 to 343, and finally the santos game where they managed to put thiago-busquets-xavi-iniesta-cesc into one lineup was just an icing on cake. one of the best game i've seen from barca.

then cesc got tired...

M

mitkoa7x

barca last season until christmas was magical. one of the most exciting to watch. supercopa win vs madrid, the 3-4-3 vs villarreal, the games with valecncia and athletic, beating real madrid twice in a week, 1-3 was magical when they changed 433 to 343, and finally the santos game where they managed to put thiago-busquets-xavi-iniesta-cesc into one lineup was just an icing on cake. one of the best game i've seen from barca.

I agree completely, we played our best football in the start of last season, despite the 2-2 draws we were superb. Shame it all went to shit in late Jan-Feb.

And also we went like 10 home games without even conceding a goal, until that crazy game against Betis.

Xtroverto

Yeah! He has a very good chance to up himself from last season! I think he will score over 80 this season !

last season after 25 games he scored 27 goals
this season after 19 games he scored 24 goals
6 games
3 goals

Last year the trip to Japan in mid December definitely took its tally on Messi, He only managed 3 goals, he will probably do better this year. But then it depends on a number of factors, lats year he scored a bunch of goals at the end of the championship when the league was gone.

CatalinR10

Tw Michael Owen (ex-Liverpool -Real Madrid, Ballon d'Or 2001): "Best player of all time? 1. Messi 2. Ronaldo 3. Maradona"

X

xaviniesta

how come he pick maradone if he is too young to even see him playing :lol:

and the other facepalm is that he is a ballon dor winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans