10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this logic, Barca won European Supercup, Spanish Supercopa, Club World Cup and Copa Del Rey last season with Messi scoring a record 73 goals. Real won La Liga. This year Real won a Supercopa and we won La Liga.

La Liga > all of those, but Messi deserved to win it coz he was definitely better individually than Ronaldo.

Messi was the correct winner every year, and it can easily be logically argued why.

This.

J

jiopi

Yeah Messi was actually better in La Liga last year when Real won it, hence he won the official Liga best player trophy.

Mr Hulot

Also, I hate to get repetitive, but the nature of a personal award is based... well, in personal/individual performances. It is also the only rule FIFA gives the voters.
Every time someone mentions the yeah-but-what-has-he-won argument, a sailor cries. The beauty of football is that there as many as 22 players and a good one cannot operate alone, like basketball, for example.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Juanjo Brau (physio): "Leo is recovering good, and he'll be able to play the World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Ecuador." [telam]

T

tariqo

1- messi
2- robben
3- iniesta if sapin won the fifa confederations cup

I disagree. Cr was brilliant last year. Showed up in all the big games too and scoring against big and small teams. Let's not forget what he did with Portugal too.

He outperformed messi in clasicos too.

This year however it's normal service resumed

this is bullshit

he was shit with portugal in euro 2012 & never played a better clasico more than messi

Last edited:

Stric

FFS, it's AN INDIVIDUAL award. There's no point in giving it to someone who's team won something. It's about who was the best individual player. Messi single-handedly won Barcelona La Liga this season. Even if we finished second, he'd still be the best individual player in the world.

FFS, it's AN INDIVIDUAL award. There's no point in giving it to someone who's team won something. It's about who was the best individual player. Messi single-handedly won Barcelona La Liga this season. Even if we finished second, he'd still be the best individual player in the world.

This.

What he's done this season is amazing. Our tactics, defense and coach have been shit, yet we're about to equal the La Liga points record. Not to mention we made the CL semis. We all know who to thank for that.

Messi clearly deserves to win the Ballon d'or IMO.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

1- Messi
2- Cristiano, Iniesta, Ribery
3- Ibra, Lewa, Suarez, Falcao, Cavani, Bale, Mata, Muller...

1- Messi
2- Neymar
3- Iniesta
:p

rafals

I agree, in my opinion, so far he has no competition for the next Ballon d'Or whatsoever. He has been just too consistent and also saved our asses twice in crucial moments against Milan and PSG. The Bayern clash is a whole different story, not only has he played only in one leg, but also was not entirely ready physically and Barcelona was very weak anyways. With all due respect to Sneijder, Drogba or now Robben, their club/international successes don't matter in that case as they have already been awarded for that with a club trophy. THAT is the award for a team success, not the Ballon d'Or.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Messi definitely deserved all four of those as this is a whole different story. I'm just refusing to accept a club or international success as a main argument in advantage for those players in the Ballon d'Or race.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Look at your argument. In 2011 you say cr gets more goals but not trophies so he doesn't deserve it. Next year it's the same situation but roles are flipped but you still give it to messi.

IMO 2010- messi 2011- messi 2012- cr 2013- messi.

Except CR only scored more goals in La Liga in 2011, over the course of all competitions their respective goal tallies were equal with Messi providing far more assists and MOTM performances on top of winning more prestigious trophies (which IMO shouldn't matter, it's an individual award for a reason).

In 2012 Messi had probably the greatest individual performance from a player in one year there has ever been, 91 goals and 22 assists?
Nobody has EVER done that. That is why he won the Balon'dor in 2012, because nobody was ever that good over the course of a single season. Sure the team as a whole didn't win much but that was hardly Messi's fault, he obviously worked his socks off.

What was the statistic that season? If you took away Ronaldo's goals Real would have still won the league but without Messi's goals Barca wouldn't have even qualified for Europe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans