10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Only saw the second half, I thought Argentina was not very impressive. Messi was off to a slow start, again not a lot of running, his off-the-ball movement could have been better.

F

Flavia

Barcastuff
Messi: "Don't know if I'll play against ECU, I'm not yet fine. This was my first game after two months. We decided it was best not to start"

I thought he'd be feeling better by now. Next game is at quito, 2800m above sea level, I hope he doesnt play.

Juan03

As soon as he came on, Colombia put a man on him and hes not match fit and now has to cope with man marking. Shame teams have to resort to just blocking someone out of the game

:lol: so now man marking is shameful? And we're talking about possibly the GOAT. Are they supposed to give him an open path to goal?

Kerrybai

Barcastuff
Messi: "Don't know if I'll play against ECU, I'm not yet fine. This was my first game after two months. We decided it was best not to start"

I thought he'd be feeling better by now. Next game is at quito, 2800m above sea level, I hope he doesnt play.

Damn, I am desperate to see him play before the summer. Last night was only a cameo appearance :angry:

J

jiopi

Wb Messi: "We did a bit better than Colombia, but couldn't win. Played a while and felt good. Thanks for the support

J

jiopi

Messi is one of four athletes up for the “Sport Hero” of the year award at the 2013 MTV Italy Awards.

Well doh.

60495_511848618855359_1648327119_n.jpg

Galning

He didn't look fit to me either. Of course he was still great but not his usual self. I hope it's because he's lacking match fitness and not because he is still injured.

J

jiopi

Of course he's still half fit, that's why he started from the bench. Still was able to chance the balance in favor of Argentina again, when they lost it after Higuain red card. Draw against Colombia is not actually that bad of a result, and Argentina is closer to WCQ group win. Ref did stole a goal from Argentina though.

Last edited:

Yannick03

This whole injury thing is starting to freak me out. It begun almost 2 months ago and it still didn't heal fully, it worries me.

This whole injury thing is starting to freak me out. It begun almost 2 months ago and it still didn't heal fully, it worries me.

It probably happened because of the Bolivia game, and because Messi played against Celta right after it. And continued because Tito kept playing Messi before he was fully fit/fully recovered. Once Messi gets some adequate rest, I wouldn't be too worried.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans