10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

The internet is swarming with jokes about Messi's taxes.

19894_559233914135528_769463915_n.jpg

8513_556223514436568_1215321823_n.jpg

532509_555545677837685_660783818_n.jpg

1010957_555289704529949_90205341_n.jpg

article-2275090-17694E3B000005DC-583_634x377.jpg

suckabov

Lemon curry?
More than that, Messi makes the world happier. On the field, he resembles a child at play. When he receives a ball and sets off running, letting it trot alongside him, he looks like a boy out with his pet dog.

Sooo true! This is what first attracted me to Messi.

What worries me is the notion that if Messi can't lead Argentina to a WC title in his lifetime, it will significantly diminish his status and achievement.

I guess only Messi haters/Ronaldo fans/people not seriously following football say that. I'd see this as a compliment, because apparently they fail to find anything else about his play that could be criticised, he's perfect!
Günther Netzer once said that he is glad Messi hasn't won a world cup yet, as it would mean Messi had magical powers.

AURELIUS

Article:

Lionel Messi: Simply the best
From www.ft.com

By Simon Kuper

The world’s greatest footballer has been pitched into tax problems, writes Simon Kuper

He is an individual genius in the tradition of the Argentine pibe, or “boy”, the spontaneous child dribbler. But Barcelona’s celebrated youth academy, the Masía, taught him the European virtues of passing and collective play.

European virtues ? I guess South America has not heard about collective passing or play particularly La Maquina....but hey ho.

As for all this bile directed towards Messi. How old was he in 2009 ? Barely nineteen. He probably had a contract or documents thrust under his nose and he signed them. If if he avoided paying his rightful share of taxes then it is a serious offence given the economics of many countries today, where the greed and avarice of certain sections of society and corporations are coming under close scrutiny.

But is it his fault ? The blame should lie at the feet of his father if he did not read the documents. Then again he is not a qualified accountant or legal expert so more likely the blame lies at whatever team of professionals they usedand if Jorge knew whether it was an illegal practice.

After all it would appear that this stopped in 2009.

As of now it is a good excuse for all those who strangely dislike Messi to attack him again. He is a human. He is not perfect. He never claimed to be but I have zero doubt he is a cunning tax evader either.

However mud will stick in the eyes of some and his reputation will be tarnished to some. I am wondering if this is an attempt on the part of the Spanish FA ahead of the World Cup to make sure he isn't there next summer in Brazil.......:lol:

J

jiopi

Why are people still going on about this? Nothing is going to change footballing wise. Haters gonna hate, lovers gonna love, and the life continues.

Stric

It's not football boots only, though. Many sports shoes (and other clothing items) are now popular in wacky colors like fluorescent green, orange, yellow, etc.

It's a trend thing, it's probably not gonna last for very long, but I like it, anyway. You're not dressing up for a day at the office, you're going for a run, or a football match or whatever, there's no need for formality. I think they look funky. I'd love to get a pair of fluorescent green running shoes.

Cheap-Nike-Free-5.0-v4-Green-Purple---1-322.jpg

Nike-Free-Run-5.0-Mens-Running-Shoe-01.jpg

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans