10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He's not physically capable of playing a good game because he is injured. It wasn't a good game, but it wasn't because of Bayern completely shutting out Messi, it was because he wasn't fit.

F

Flavia

Yes true. 2009 Messi pwned Bayern. 2013 Bayern pwned Messi.

Again. My point is "even Messi had bad game where he completely shut down by the opponents."

Is it a good game by Messi then? Is Bayern not completely shut Messi down that game?
How do a half-fit player can have a good game? Even more a cl semifinal against a team like Bayern?
He has been shut down before, but this game is a bad choice of example.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's not physically capable of playing a good game because he is injured. It wasn't a good game, but it wasn't because of Bayern completely shutting out Messi, it was because he wasn't fit.

As much as I hate to say it, I think you have to give Bayern some credit here. Their tactics did successfully nullify not only Messi, but also Iniesta and much of our squad. Messi's injury just made it easier for them to accomplish that, I will give you that.

Messi can be shut down/rendered essentially ineffective even when he is healthy, just look at the 1st leg match vs. Milan. Or Argentina's game against Germany in the 2010 WC.

Keikoku

Cabbage
How do a half-fit player can have a good game? Even more a cl semifinal against a team like Bayern?
He has been shut down before, but this game is a bad choice of example.

Because I don't want to give too old game for example. The newest and latest game he play bad is easier than talk about game that happened 2-3 years ago, right? And I can't remember Messi can't do much in game like vs Bayern lately. :lol:

F

Flavia

Because I don't want to give too old game for example. The newest and latest game he play bad is easier than talk about game that happened 2-3 years ago, right? And I can't remember Messi can't do much in game like vs Bayern lately. :lol:

He played on sacrifice, it's really not the best game for an example like that. That's a friendly against Bayern coming, we'll see then.

CatalinR10

Messi with a Swarovski portrait of himself worth 38M .

BOGQ8oNCcAAXdeK.jpg:large

786584435.jpg

Keikoku

Cabbage
It's all started on Villa thread :rofl1:
Someone posted Villa pwned by Thiago Silva, then others reply Messi isnt, others add Messi is exception, others add Messi is out of this world, then I remind about Messi vs Bayern.
And here I am now, debate on about Messi's injury made him had a bad game vs Bayern.

F

Flavia

It's all started on Villa thread :rofl1:
Someone posted Villa pwned by Thiago Silva, then others reply Messi isnt, others add Messi is exception, others add Messi is out of this world, then I remind about Messi vs Bayern.
And here I am now, debate on about Messi's injury made him had a bad game vs Bayern.

I remember Nesta shutting him down, when he was fully fit. Also Varane, more recently.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Thats why Messi is just the best :lol:
Look at the dude! Just chilling and going with the flow lol.

As far as dribbling goes...I don't think anyone else can dribble with such impact. Iniesta is like an artist when he dribbles. Messi? He is a stone cold killer. Iniesta is probably better in tighter spaces though. But that doesnt make him a better dribbler overall. Once Messi dribbles you there is no return. You either watch him fly away from you or you foul him and take him out. Even that doesnt always work haha. It's pretty close. You always know that both of them will beat at least one man. But the way Messi dribbles around and into the opositions box...man. It's like he is unstoppable. With iniesta the opponents arent sure whats going to happen and often end up getting danced around. With Messi they basically know what he is going to do...and can't do a damn thing about it most of the time lol.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I remember Nesta shutting him down, when he was fully fit. Also Varane, more recently.

Sure, like any other player on this planet, Messi is fully capable of being shut down by others, especially when facing tough opponents. After all, he is only human, and that's what I like about him.

Actually, I've heard some Messi-critics accusing him of disappearing/becoming invisible in important games. Is there any truth to that? Does anybody have stats on Messi's performance against premium, CL level teams?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Haha dude is wearing a 10 dollar shirt with his just out of bed look while receiving a 38 million gift.
He really doesnt care, here you go Spanish Irs, problem solved.

Haha, my sentiment exactly. I bet that shirt of his didn't even cost him 10 dollars, looks like one of those $6.99-for-a-pack-of-three Hanes shirts. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans