10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tariqo

To me an assist is an assist and will go to records as such even if you give the ball to maradona in the middle of the field and he gets past 6-7 players and scores. Still an assist. If you read my comments, I was just refuting the absurd comment of jiopi that this "assist" proves Messi played well against chelsea.

man !! not u again :facepalm:

Stric

It sucks that this game was cancelled on such short notice. I'm not even going into who's to blame for it, I'm just thinking about how many people must have traveled to LA a day earlier, only to catch the game, and now it's been cancelled. It it was me, I'd be pissed for years. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's upsetting to see on other sites that Messi is getting a ton of hate for the cancellation, when it was probably more someone from his management making all the (poor) decisions. At the same time though understandable that people would be angry especially those who spent a lot of money traveling to LA. Meh, just unfortunate, someone dropped the ball there.

Yeah, I have read a lot of hate too. That's most unfortunate. Even though his management might have dropped the ball, but Messi himself had to sign off on the cancellation. Wherever the responsibility lies, Messi needs to come out and explain why the event was cancelled last minute to placate his fans and critics.

Not a good summer for Messi so far in terms of publicity.

Off-topic but Iniesta hasn't played well against Chelsea either, I don't ever hear anyone bringing that up. Chelsea deserved to win and Barca were lucky to advance.

I guess cause people are more willing to accept that Iniesta had a bad game. At least I'm willing to accept that Iniesta has been invisible in some important games. But it seems that Messi fanboys are always looking for excuses as to why Messi plays a bad game. They can never accept Messi can flop sometimes . If you tell them that he had a bad game against Chelsea , they'll say " but Messi gave the assist for the crucial goal and that proves Messi played great against Chelsea "

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No, this was just posted on Messi's facebook.

"Disappointed by the management of the charity match in Los Angeles. I really wanted to be there and enjoy as I did in Peru and Colombia. This project is made for the fans, and that's why I'm very disappointed with the organization. A big hug to those who were going to support this cause at L.A. Memorial Coliseum and thank you all for your support."

So far everything I have read on the English-language media is pointing the fingers at Messi and his management, especially coming from the LA organizers, accusing him of not fulfilling his contract. Does anybody know what's the scoop is, i.e, what Messi and his management were upset about, any conflicts etc. which made them cancel the event?

J

jiopi

Giving assist for being good, is better argument, than being bad without a reason. Why are you continuing this debate? Nobody is saying Messi is the best player every game, he has bad games, like everyone else. Can you give an example of these so called "fanboys" who said Messi plays every game like it was the final, because I haven't seen single one.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
Not a good summer for Messi so far in terms of publicity.

Yeah, just unfair, given that he's like the only one who even plays so many charity matches on his holiday. I know I'd be pissed off too if I had bought tickets, but then again, there are worse things... For example waiting for a concert to start, standing in the hall for about three hours, only to be informed that the artist didn't make it because he was too drunk. :angry:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah, just unfair, given that he's like the only one who even plays so many charity matches on his holiday. I know I'd be pissed off too if I had bought tickets, but then again, there are worse things... For example waiting for a concert to start, standing in the hall for about three hours, only to be informed that the artist didn't make it because he was too drunk. :angry:

Messi should consider organizing a make up match in LA to placate those angry American fans who accuse him of trying to "defraud American citizens".

Yugi

jphb87.gif

mixer

Greatest XI of all time: Yashin - Cafu Maldini BobbyMoore Beckenbauer - DiStefano Zidane Maradona Cruyff - Messi Pele #fcblive [worldsoccer]

J

jiopi

Greatest XI of all time: Yashin - Cafu Maldini BobbyMoore Beckenbauer - DiStefano Zidane Maradona Cruyff - Messi Pele #fcblive [worldsoccer]
Pretty obvious, but surely Maldini on the left?

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
No R10 or Garrincha? This list lost it's credibility.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You know you can only put 11 players in the team right? Already this selection is trying to *fit* players in - Zidane, Di Stefano, Cruyff and Maradona midfield is attacking overkill.

Mr Hulot

Pretty obvious, but surely Maldini on the right?

Are you sarcastic or something like that? It is Cafu as a RB and Maldini as the left one.
I obviously had the chance to really watch apart from Messi only Zidane, Cafu and Maldini. It is a matter of personal taste, but I prefer Xavi, Iniesta and Ronaldinho in comparison to Zidane.

Meitux

I Suppose for Ronaldinho..obviously the best line up ever has players that have been consistent for many years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans