10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

Copied it from other board, didn't notice it was old.

Considering you are the person with the most posts on this thread , you should feel ashamed of yourself jiopi for not noticing Leo's hair is longer in that pic.

tumblr_mhe6ftvWZ11rm93gco1_250.gif

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Ronaldo had a very poor game, same with Madrid as a whole. He had 2 tap ins from balls bouncing around in the area. Very poor defending from Galatasaray made the score what it was because they were the better side throughout the first half. The final score is extremely deceiving.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Ronaldo had a very poor game, same with Madrid as a whole. He had 2 tap ins from balls bouncing around in the area. Very poor defending from Galatasaray made the score what it was because they were the better side throughout the first half. The final score is extremely deceiving.

Didn't watch the RM game, was watching Bayern. But judging from the highlights, I don't think you can say CR7 had a poor game, the third goal was a beauty. Plus, being in the right place at the right time is something, isn't it? ;)

Regardless, three goals and 1 assist today for him. That will light up some extra fire in Leo, I hope he will be very motivated tomorrow and turn on his game mode in the 1st minute.

Kerrybai

Didn't watch the RM game, was watching Bayern. But judging from the highlights, I don't think you can say CR7 had a poor game, the third goal was a beauty. Plus, being in the right place at the right time is something, isn't it? ;)

Regardless, three goals and 1 assist today for him. That will light up some extra fire in Leo, I hope he will be very motivated tomorrow and turn on his game mode in the 1st minute.

Leo doesn't give a shit what ronaldo does. Messi just wants 3 points, and on top of that CR is no competition for the ballon dor this year, It's going to be Messi vs Ribery.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Leo doesn't give a shit what ronaldo does. Messi just wants 3 points, and on top of that CR is no competition for the ballon dor this year, It's going to be Messi vs Ribery.

I am not so sure if Leo really doesn't care about his personal accolade and competition with CR7. I for one think it is a healthy competition and it will be good for Messi, his record and our team's success.

As to the Ballon D'Or, I actually think CR7's stellar CL (and perhaps league later on) performance will work for us as he will probably dilute some of Ribery's potential votes instead of Messi's.

Ribery was pretty meh today, the only good news today. :p

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Watch a replay of the game and you'll see. Real Madrid is not playing well and Ronaldo is not playing well either. I don't take away from the 6 goals, 6 goals are 6 goals, but you see a hattrick from a player and you imagine a magnificent performance, and it wasn't so. Their best player has been and was today, Isco. And it's not close.

Madrid are a clear front running team. If they are ahead, they will overwhelm you with their speed and the amount of players that can pressure your defense when you inevitable give them space as you seek an equalizer. However, if you frustrate them and make them work hard for their scoring, they will struggle mightily. They lack a lot of football.

Madrid are like a school of piranhas. They smell blood and go into a frenzy and tear you apart. However if you deny them blood, they are not nearly as dangerous.

That's what happened today. Galatasaray were playing much better throughout the first half. Only luck and Diego Lopez saved Madrid from going down. Then Madrid took advantage of 2 pretty awful defensive errors to score 2 goals and completely deflate Galatasaray. After that, they smelled blood and the frenzy just smothered a demoralized Galatasaray.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Watch a replay of the game and you'll see. Real Madrid is not playing well and Ronaldo is not playing well either. I don't take away from the 6 goals, 6 goals are 6 goals, but you see a hattrick from a player and you imagine a magnificent performance, and it wasn't so. Their best player has been and was today, Isco. And it's not close.

Madrid are a clear front running team. If they are ahead, they will overwhelm you with their speed and the amount of players that can pressure your defense when you inevitable give them space as you seek an equalizer. However, if you frustrate them and make them work hard for their scoring, they will struggle mightily. They lack a lot of football.

Madrid are like a school of piranhas. They smell blood and go into a frenzy and tear you apart. However if you deny them blood, they are not nearly as dangerous.

That's what happened today. Galatasaray were playing much better throughout the first half. Only luck and Diego Lopez saved Madrid from going down. Then Madrid took advantage of 2 pretty awful defensive errors to score 2 goals and completely deflate Galatasaray. After that, they smelled blood and the frenzy just smothered a demoralized Galatasaray.

Could not have analyzed it better :thumbsup2:

I agree with the complaints about his lack of pressing. I'm aware he cannot press like crazy the whole 90 minutes for every single match in two competitions , I'm sure nobody can. However, he could do some pressing, yes, and still have stamina for sprinting, just do it moderately.

He's not in his early 20's anymore, of course, but he's not near 30 either, I thing he's physically capable of that, I don't think it's injury or lack of fitness.

I won't come up with excuses, I think he's not helping his team mates enough lately in the defensive department. I won't call it laziness though, because I believe it would be very disrespectful, realizing how much he's been giving himself for the club all these years.

It's just unfair to call him that, but I won't deny I'm not so satisfied with this attitude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans