10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sadder still is how poorly many people today fail to actually formulate, articulate or support their opinions

F

Flavia

FcBarca, sport know close to nothing, these days. Md is the paper with real info, and they are refraining from joining these kind of wild speculations going on. My point with his injuries is that is more of a mental block than a real chance of getting a relapse. After being injury free for so long, suddenly he is getting injured a lot. I lost count, but I think there were at least 4 episodes since april.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You won't get a disagreement from me on whether MD is more reliable than Sport, in the current climate...But can you recall a time Sport dished on a star like Messi in this manner?...Because they don't do that either

It may very well be a mental block, I didn't rule that possibility out

serghei

guys, go out and date ladys instead of discussing messis MENTAL situation, facepalm ³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³³

Last time I checked this is a forum, and in a forum there can be serious discussions too, not only cheap, one-liner, jokes. Everybody can make those jokes, but few actually have something constructive to say about an important issue. Instead of dissing the guys who make a point, maybe you should zip it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he is getting lazy or thinking that he is bigger than the team Serghei,

In the start of the season before his recent injury he was pressing once again, running and not walking around like he made a somewhat habit of.

I think it's more of a mental block, a scare of another injury relapse which is father himself said. Maybe that's the reason he is not giving his 100% and taking it easy in fear of getting injured?

serghei

I don't think he is getting lazy or thinking that he is bigger than the team Serghei,

In the start of the season before his recent injury he was pressing once again, running and not walking around like he made a somewhat habit of.

I think it's more of a mental block, a scare of another injury relapse which is father himself said. Maybe that's the reason he is not giving his 100% and taking it easy in fear of getting injured?

Hey, I didn't said I'm right and everybody is wrong. Hell, anyone of us could be right. I have my own oppinion though, one which caught roots a few months ago, during Villanova's time, not this season. I love Messi, he's the greatest player I've ever had the chance to see, but he is not as great as he was under Pep. Now, I do not expect Messi to play awesome every game, as it is normal for a player to hit a rough patch - for example, Alexis Sanchez had 8 months of playing garbage football -, but I do want us to be fair and expose Messi's bad moments with courage and realism. I am a critic person, can't see something is wrong and keep quiet just because it's about Messi and Messi is the one who shall not be touched whith anything other than high praise and superlatives. I am sure Messi is entering his post-peak, where he will still be decisive enough to win us games, but not that impossible to stop as he once was. I can and will accept that, but I'm not sure his die hard fans will.

Last edited:

karthik

How would the press and we deal with the situation of Messi failing to score against Milan, but Neymar does. :tata1:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hey, I didn't said I'm right and everybody is wrong. Hell, anyone of us could be right. I have my own oppinion though, one which caught roots a few months ago, during Villanova's time, not this season. I love Messi, he's the greatest player I've ever had the chance to see, but he is not as great as he was under Pep. Now, I do not expect Messi to play awesome every game, as it is normal for a player to hit a rough patch - for example, Alexis Sanchez had 8 months of playing garbage football -, but I do want us to be fair and expose Messi's bad moments with courage and realism. I am a critic person, can't see something is wrong and keep quiet just because it's about Messi and Messi is the one who shall not be touched whith anything other than high praise and superlatives. I am sure Messi is entering his post-peak, where he will still be decisive enough to win us games, but not that impossible to stop as he once was. I can and will accept that, but I'm not sure his die hard fans will.

Of course and I respect your opinion. I was just stating my own opinion about the issue and responding to yours. Not curbing your views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans