10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMKa

2 goals and 2 assists... It'll be 380 goals + 190 assists in 500 games for Barca and Argentina (senior, U20, U23).

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I dismiss most possibilities because I've seen no evidence to support them. Like when you said it could be Neymar. Messi was too happy when Neymar scored against rm. He could be unsettled about playing rw, but he worked his ass off there against rm as well. And he was great against Celta at rw. Then he was off agaisnt espanyol. If I were to guess something, it'd be he could have felt something minor on training, and was worried he could get injured again. He seems worried about himself. As he always do, when he knows he didn't play well.

I merely put out all the possible scenarios, not giving any particular one more relevance than another...I don't know and can't really say I lean towards one theory or another but I am not convinced it's all about his recovery from injury

If you saw the videos of training before the espanyol match, you'd see he was smiling and joking around. To me there's nothing to support anything else other than his problem is fitness and/or a mental block caused by fear of getting injured again.

He enjoys football, there's no doubt about that but we also know situations like these in professional football change in the blink of an eye...This discussion reminded me of the talk Leo apparently had with Pep after an away match where they struggled with Zlatan at CF where he lamented that he could not help the team anymore and led to him moving centrally & enraging Ibrahimovic in the process...We didn't know about this in the media, it wasn't revealed until later but you'd have never imagined that Messi would've actually suggested he couldn't help the team anymore...but he did.

It's true, could be as simple as a fear of reaggravating his injury but when you couple it with a Captain's meeting, despite being undefeated, it suggests more might be going on behind the scenes

F

Flavia

I merely put out all the possible scenarios, not giving any particular one more relevance than another...I don't know and can't really say I lean towards one theory or another but I am not convinced it's all about his recovery from injury

He enjoys football, there's no doubt about that but we also know situations like these in professional football change in the blink of an eye...This discussion reminded me of the talk Leo apparently had with Pep after an away match where they struggled with Zlatan at CF where he lamented that he could not help the team anymore and led to him moving centrally & enraging Ibrahimovic in the process...We didn't know about this in the media, it wasn't revealed until later but you'd have never imagined that Messi would've actually suggested he couldn't help the team anymore...but he did.

It's true, could be as simple as a fear of reaggravating his injury but when you couple it with a Captain's meeting, despite being undefeated, it suggests more might be going on behind the scenes

I doubt the sport story is true, btw. Some of those theories are around since forever, just changing some bits to adapt to the current events. There's really nothing to indicate something else rather than his injuries.

Is that talk with Pep really confirmed? There are so many bs things published about Messi, it's not even funny. As you said "apparently had", then I guess not.

I wonder, what makes you not convinced it's not only about injuries? Is there anything factual, or just speculation?

CatalinR10

So according to some of you body language experts, you've seen signs that not only is Messi lacking fitness, but he is also: Declining, disgruntled, apathetic, lazy, has poor diet, insubordinate and a bad team mate.

Did I leave any other observation out?

You forgot narcissistic personality disorder , asperger's syndrome and anger management.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He was even smiling and having laughs along with Tata in training so him being against him is totally out of equation.

Why not just listen to Messi who said that he is not 100% yet and his dad saying that he is worried about another injuries hence he is taking it easy and end the discussion there :p

serghei

I doubt the sport story is true, btw. Some of those theories are around since forever, just changing some bits to adapt to the current events. There's really nothing to indicate something else rather than his injuries.

Is that talk with Pep really confirmed? There are so many bs things published about Messi, it's not even funny. As you said "apparently had", then I guess not.

I wonder, what makes you not convinced it's not only about injuries? Is there anything factual, or just speculation?

Mostly speculations. But speculations can be proved right later. Or wrong. There is no way to know for sure what's happening to Messi. But a little talk never hurt anyone, did it? The only sure thing is that Messi is underperforming lately and the issue has been adressed within the club, which is always a good thing.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He was even smiling and having laughs along with Tata in training so him being against him is totally out of equation.

Why not just listen to Messi who said that he is not 100% yet and his dad saying that he is worried about another injuries hence he is taking it easy and end the discussion there :p

What?!?!? And drop all these juicy speculations and body language reading competitions?!?!?!

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

We've read two versions of those events both Pep's & Zlatan's...Of course, Balague made it sound even more sinister in his 'book' but the results were the same, Zlatan was squeezed out of the CF position and Messi played centrally...My point was that we, as fans, had no idea any of this was even possibly going on behind the scenes at the time...The talk came later so it merely proves that just because you're not reading a play by play in the media or the players themselves are explaining it word for word, doesn't mean there isn't something going on

As for why I'm not convinced it's just about the injury is that an injured Messi couldn't possibly be risked at this stage of the season by the club...There's far too much at stake to rush him back or allow him to play with a relapse concern possible...Especially when you consider how long he was out the last time he was injured in April...If anything, it makes more sense that they'd be even more conservative in his rehab since he's reaggravated it so many times

As for facts, none of us are privy to any of the facts because a club like Barcelona does not air their dirty laundry in public...It's entirely speculative with tidbits of info pushing one theory or another...The biggest factor, for me, has to be his play and when you see that comp of Messi and see the player who played against Asspanyol, you don't see the same player

There have been a series of articles by Sport that all is not well behind the scenes and not all specific to Messi...The one theory that makes some sense is that the 3 players who have influenced the success of this team more than any of the other squad members (Xavi, Iniesta & Leo) are influencing the team less than they have been...Couple that with the least Barcelona they have looked in years and an odd performance from Messi against Asspanyol, it suggests something isn't quite right

Sport had another article on it today

The Observer

Moyes (coach Man Utd): "Not comparing them but the way Messi gets up after being kicked, we hope that's how Januzaj continues to behave too."

An example for kids.

serghei

As for why I'm not convinced it's just about the injury is that an injured Messi couldn't possibly be risked at this stage of the season by the club...There's far too much at stake to rush him back or allow him to play with a relapse concern possible...

Interesting, but what if Messi is clinically healthy, but still not fit as in not having trained enough and having missed a couple of training session with the team? I think when he said he isn't 100% he meant that he has to catch up with his team mates in terms of fitness and stamina. I personally still think some motivational problems may be the cause of his drop of form too, but, in all fairness, the man had some though times with the injuries, mostly due to Atletico's dirty tactics from the Supercup I suspect.

Anyway, we'll see how things evolve. Hopefully, he'll be back at 100%, 'cause we will be needing him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans