10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fendiking

I don't think there has been a modern player who's 90 minutes is analysed and scrutinised by millions of fans. Each touch and each pass has to be meaningful, each dribble and each shot successful. This is testament to how Messi has made the game of football appear "easy". We demand him to destroy players and teams at will, nothing less would suffice.

The pressing issue has been discussed to death, i couldn't care less if messi is pressing less or helping out with the defensive element if it means that he has enough energy and stamina to bail us out of potentially dropping points.

Messi has spoilt us with his rare and unparalleled talents, even in his quiet games he produces a moment of magic that saves us from the brink of defeat. His goalscoring feats have also detracted from his footballing abilities, that again rare ability to make the right decision 9 out of 10 times, for me this is his most redeeming feature, i couldn't care less again if his goalscoring exploits come to an end, as long as he plays like the little kid in the playground who yearns for the ball because that is all he knows, skipping past players in a schizophrenic frenzy.

The day he retires is when i believe people will actually realise how great he was, which is hard to imagine because of how adored and praised he is now.

raskolnikov

Real just play the same reaction football, first half Galatsaray played well but failed to score, Real's first two goals came from defensive mistakes which they quickly finished.
After that GS just kept going forward with no plan giving away way too much space, kind of like Ajax last year.
Ronaldo was shit for an hour (kind of like Messi on saturday), looked slow, failed chances and couldnt pass his man, he was just selfishly looking to pad his stats (hence the 10 something shots on target) scored 2 easy tap ins in a few minutes.
His last goal was great in the final seconds but its ridiculous to say he had a great game just cause he scored a hattrick.
Goals sometimes mask a players overall play, with cr7 this is especially the case since people just compare his stats to Messi's rather than his inferior overall play and contribution.

Ghost

I hope he scores at least 2 goals tomorrow. Ronaldo is closing in on his goals tally in the UCL (59 vs 54).

Yes, like 1/4 of them are tap-in's, but history won't mention that.

Kerrybai

I hope he scores at least 2 goals tomorrow. Ronaldo is closing in on his goals tally in the UCL (59 vs 54).

Yes, like 1/4 of them are tap-in's, but history won't mention that.

I wouldn't worry about that. Ronaldo has played 99 games to Messi's 79. Once Messi plays those extra 20 games ( in his current prime state ) He will have easily surpassed Raul's 71 record.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
I don't think there has been a modern player who's 90 minutes is analysed and scrutinised by millions of fans. Each touch and each pass has to be meaningful, each dribble and each shot successful. This is testament to how Messi has made the game of football appear "easy". We demand him to destroy players and teams at will, nothing less would suffice.

The pressing issue has been discussed to death, i couldn't care less if messi is pressing less or helping out with the defensive element if it means that he has enough energy and stamina to bail us out of potentially dropping points.

Messi has spoilt us with his rare and unparalleled talents, even in his quiet games he produces a moment of magic that saves us from the brink of defeat. His goalscoring feats have also detracted from his footballing abilities, that again rare ability to make the right decision 9 out of 10 times, for me this is his most redeeming feature, i couldn't care less again if his goalscoring exploits come to an end, as long as he plays like the little kid in the playground who yearns for the ball because that is all he knows, skipping past players in a schizophrenic frenzy.

The day he retires is when i believe people will actually realise how great he was, which is hard to imagine because of how adored and praised he is now.

That was a very poetic post. And true, too. We're complaining on a very high level.

T

tariqo

i start believe he is more obsessed with scoring more than anything els + the way he is dealing with wrong passes from team mates makes it worse

bring messi 08-09 back please

J

jiopi

Once again when Barca plays badly, Messi still produces, he is the watchful protector of Barca. :worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans