10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Almost gave me a heart attack with that penalty. Should've done much better with that last freekick too. Thought he would just score it easily like against Nigeria in the WC.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What a game from him. Not because of the goal , but because of the magic he was constantly displaying. GOAT

The jynx has worked. :worthy:

Last edited:
I

instinct

B76Jyx4CIAAs4Of.png

Kerrybai

He missed on purpose so it would be a goal from open play. lol... His dribbling was sexy today, 12 dribbles according to whoscored.

Possibly should have went it alone on that chance at the end where he tried to find Neymar, needs to work harder on penalties too, he's admitted before that they make him nervous. Having said that after he scored those 2 in Madrid last season plus the penalties at the world cup it became clear to me that he's the right one to take them.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Had the occasional sloppy moment (being pickpocketed by Koke for example) but overall awesome despite the fact that he was heavily guarded with an extra emphasis tonight.

raskolnikov

Messi has always been average at penalties, except for the period between Chelsea miss in cl 2012 til the Atletico supercopa miss in 2013, he didnt missed and scored a lot of solid penalties.
His conversion rate must be about 80% which is average, there are many worse, amny similair but he isnt like Penaldo, Balo, Lampard or Le Tissier when it comes to penalties.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Good game, but not god mode like we saw in recent weeks but no body can play every match like that. With some support from ney and suarez maybe he could have played better. Ney and Suarez did not come to play, they looked like they came to dive especially suarez. They did not attempt any quick passes today. I feel only messi and iniesta tried to do something today.

Kerrybai

Missed 12 out of 56 penalties for Barca, and his last 4/7 for club and country.

Funnily enough though if we take out the copa del rey his conversion for penalties isn't bad at all.

Anyone remember the other 2 times he scored from a rebounded penalty? One was Copa Del Rey. Team starts with a B. The other was La Liga.

Also another bit of trivia, he also once missed a penalty with his right foot, that team starts with a P.

5/12 of his missed barca penalties are in the Copa. Lol.

likeafire

Messi purposely done a one two off thw goalkeeper and scored. Another match winning performance. 2015 is Messi year, the ballon d'or is coming home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans