10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FC B

Silent game that produced an assist and I'm glad he was that way, he was saving himself for the real games ahead :tito:

J

Jamie Cal

a bit lethargic tonight but still did a lot of good stuff. With the unfamiliar right side we needed him to not be so adventurous and he did that.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I hope he was saving himself, was pretty much walking, but still gave some amazing passes.

Kohe321

Of course he was pacing himself and being smart with regards to the rest of the season, after the first goal the rest of the match was all but a formality. Why press and add wear and tear to his physical form, or worse risk an injury, it would be utter pointlessness. Unless all he cared about was racking up goals and statpadding, which he obviously doesn't care a lot about, as he has said himself.

Last edited:

blaugrana1987

Guys...If Messi continues to play like this, and we win CDR and another trophy (or two :wub: ) he is winning BdOR even without scoring single goal anymore. He will wreck Rayo in Sunday and then cruise against Elche just so he can crucify Man City. Most important thing is to win and not get injured or fatigued, goal or not he was great tonight. Exactly how he needed to be.

skn02

Guys...If Messi continues to play like this, and we win CDR and another trophy (or two :wub: ) he is winning BdOR even without scoring single goal anymore. He will wreck Rayo in Sunday and then cruise against Elche just so he can crucify Man City. Most important thing is to win and not get injured or fatigued, goal or not he was great tonight. Exactly how he needed to be.

That's how Messi play when the game is already under control, pacing himself, conserve energy and most importantly, avoiding injuries. There's a reason Messi why he is one of the least injured players on earth having played every single games every season.....there's a reason behind it folks. Having Messi on the field alone make a difference, that's how important he is to the team. If Messi is really trying hard, it shows, and he sweats very much so, like the first half vs Man City.....when you don't see Messi sweating at all, it means he's pacing and taking it easy as long as the team is winning.

raki

He did a great run through 4 defenders but he should start shooting the ball high and not always in the lower angle. The keepers are learning :p

doublehh03

He did a great run through 4 defenders but he should start shooting the ball high and not always in the lower angle. The keepers are learning :p

That was a brilliant run. A golazo if it went in. But good goalkeeping there.

Hopefully Messi gets more touches. He didn't seem to have a lot of space today.

LordLichtenstein

Neymar, Suárez and Messi has scored 75 goals this season for Barcelona.

What makes this impressive is:

1. Neymar has "only" played 2,525 minutes this season. In other words he has "only" played 28 x 90 & 5 minutes this season out of 40. (I also count injury time, so sure he couldn't have played all 40 games, nor should he have)

2. Suárez transfered from Liverpool last summer and we all know that new playeres usually needs A LOT of time before settling in. Neymar being the perfect example. Not only this, but he also brought a 4 month ban with him to Barca. Suárez started his first season for Barcelona on October 25th, completely out of form and with no confidence.

Also, he has "only" played 2,025 minutes this season. In other words he has "only" played 22 x 90 & 45 minutes this season out of 40. (Again, I count the games he was either banned, injured or rested)

3. Well, Messi is just being Messi this season, but we have to admit, that he had a very slow start to the season.

4. Now to our midfield this season.. .. Do I really need to say anything?

What I want to see next season is:

Neymar being giving more playing time. In the first half of the season he was constantly being subbed.

in-form Suárez from the start of the season.

in-form Messi from the start of the season.

I honestly believe they have the potential to score 110-120 goals in a season.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
One argentinian/french commentator (Omar Dafonseca) on BeIn about the assist from Messi on the 1st goal :

"That's not an assist, it's certified letter with aknowledgment of receipt" :lol:

In french : "c'est pas une passe décisive ça, c'est une lettre recommandé avec avis de réception" ^^

L

linetty

I hope he was saving himself, was pretty much walking, but still gave some amazing passes.
Of course he was 'resting on the pitch' (which is normal for Messi this season. He always plays but he knows when to step down and when to speed up). Done his job in the 4th minute already and then saved himself for the rest of the game. Why risk injury when you already won the game in the first 5 minutes, he's very smart.

LordLichtenstein

Of course he was 'resting on the pitch' (which is normal for Messi this season. He always plays but he knows when to step down and when to speed up). Done his job in the 4th minute already and then saved himself for the rest of the game. Why risk injury when you already won the game in the first 5 minutes, he's very smart.

Not only that, but this will ultimately prolong his career.

Alen

Absolutely no other player in any other team can do this and have people say he's being smart. This is just insane. :lol:

(I'm totally ok with it by the way :cheers:)

L

linetty

Absolutely no other player in any other team can do this and have people say he's being smart. This is just insane. :lol:

(I'm totally ok with it by the way :cheers:)
What are you on about? I didn't say he's the only one to do this. I'm sure other players can do that (although is there many players to play basically every game during a long season, keeping a top form?), but it don't change shit anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans