10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
But that clip is only from a camera pointed at Messi and Masch the entire time, that kisscam screen would be on a separate monitor in the arena. As far as I know, that's the thing that is cracking them up at the end of the clip :)

Could be wrong though.

Haha I think they'd have made other faces if it was the kiss cam on the screen ^^

I'm guessing the caption with Argentina flag and "LIONEL MESSI" came out on the big screen may be so they're surprised he's presented even though he's just a spectator.

BarcaGirl

Hahaha, did this really happen or is it super imposed? :lol:

tumblr_nlsthrKYJp1rn46iho1_540.jpg

this isn't real, just brilliant photoshop skills from adil :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Again, only true for the citizens and players of the 6-8 countries that routinely make up the last 4 teams of the WC. How about how the rest of the world feels, then? Isn't football the global game?

Do you think Zlatan cries himself to sleep knowing he'll never lift a WC? Eto'o? Platini? Their legacies are secure as they can literally do nothing about where they were born.

Put it another way, an all-time XI of players never to make it to the WC semis will be as stacked as any XI made of players who won the WC. How can "the most prestigious trophy" be available only to a select few?

I've lived in 4 countries in my life so far, and none of them have ever qualified for a World Cup. Yet, it is by far the biggest, most popular and most prestigious football prize in those countries. The World Cup may be slightly below the Champions League in football quality but prestige doesn't necessarily have to be proportional to the quality of the football.

When were they born again? Like I said, it's a generational thing. For players born in the late 80's - early 90's, I highly doubt they'll choose to go their entire careers without winning a CL and win a WC, than the other way around.

Messi: I would give up all my titles to win the World Cup

Bale's World Cup Dream

Nailed it.

This is a moot point. Every Champions League team winner this past decade (arguably Barca in 2011 and Bayern in 2013) has needed some sort of luck to win, despite being stacked from back to front. Certainly not significantly less than World Cup winners by any measure.

Again, an irrelevant point because prestige is defined by players, media, viewers and history.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Love how americans are not aware who's among them.

Most Americans probably don't know who he is. For those that have heard of his name, they probably don't know what he looks like.

America is their own world, hence NFL champions = World Champions ;)

dakt

Most Americans probably don't know who he is. For those that have heard of his name, they probably don't know what he looks like.

America is their own world, hence NFL champions = World Champions ;)

Not heard of Messi!? Sorry, can't accept that. I and the rest of the world knew who Jordan was in the 90's. Leo is much bigger. :coffee:
Shame on you US!

Kohe321

Messi has not trained with ARG this afternoon, out of precaution #fcblive [via tv3]

Uhh, what? I thought there was no injury to worry about after they checked him, what is it now?

L

linetty

@RafaelH117 -- Messi trained individually at the gym today after he felt pain in one of his toes yesterday. That’s all there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans