10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Obviously, i know nothing about basketball, but wouldnt there be room for a small agile player on the team? This is not the player who would dunk in points, but rather, a small, agile and quick player could more easily run through the lines with the ball and then deliver it to someone else?

Yeah, but usually there are no small players. Defending vs opponent would be very hard, but he could be a Point Guard, who usually is standing behind the 3p line and ready to hit the gas there. Maybe Messi would be the best there too, who knows

Kohe321

Messi on relaxing after games:

After training I usually go home to spend time with my family, son and the people closest to me. That's just me, really. I don't play other sports, I enjoy following them on TV, but that's about it. Sometimes I play FIFA on the PlayStation against my Barcelona or Argentina team-mates, which is always good fun. I wouldn't say I'm the king, though, there are a few who are pretty good. By the evening, the time I go to sleep varies. If it's been a busy day with a heavy training session and I feel tired, then it'll be earlier. But as a general rule, me, my other half and the little one don't have a definite time to go to sleep. I find it easiest to drift off with the TV on in the background. That noise helps me relax.

And he's apparently in Italy today visiting some guy named Giuliano Poser (dat name), who is in charge of his diet this season:

tumblr_nn9jxbYs8g1uqdbpso3_540.jpg

So he's traveling on his day off. Great :lol:

Last edited:
G

Gasgas

Yeah and I agree with all of that. My point is simply that it sucks for us that Messi is so tired as he is now, as he's looking as exhausted as he did at the end of the WC, but instead of getting a vacation we're in the home stretch of an intense season, and Messi is probably not willing to rest in any game until the end.

Which is the reason I am so incredibly glad that Lucho and his team are monitoring the physical exertion of our players and managing it accordingly. So far they have done an absolute stellar job of keeping the team fresh and injury free. Busquets and Albas injuries were out of their control, as Busquets was tackled badly and Alba ran like his life depended on it against Ukraine. :lol:

So I'm optimistic that they have a plan on how to keep Messi as fresh as possible for the rest of the season. The team is resting today for instance, and tomorrow there's a normal training day with tactical practice before the Espanyol game. I hope Messi is taking advantage of his day off and gets some rest with his family. I'm sure he does.

Except messii
I am sorry to say that i think if he is not rested soon he may end up with a new muscle injury and a long term one :(

EdmondDantes

Messi is a full blooded Italian, just like his wife. There's a huge Italian contingent in Argentina, I remember Tim Vickery saying the first time he went to Buenos Aires he was startled at the amount of Italian speakers about. I'm led to believe the southern region of Brazil is like that as well, and the East Coast of the US and Canada.

As for his diet, Messi looks visibly leaner compared to last season. I'm sure that played a part in his resurgence as well, he has been for most of the season as good, if not better than he ever was in my opinion.

Kohe321

Thinking about it, it's probably not a coincidence that Messi went to Italy to meet up with his dietitian just now. The last time he really looked full of energy was against City at home, and since then he has felt the decline in energy and is now doing something about it.

I think they planned out a complete diet for him at the start of the season that for sure helped to make him leaner, quicker and more agile again - areas where he was lacking last season. But, it could be that as the intensity has been ramping up towards the end of the season, with two games a week being the norm, the diet now needs some adjusting as it perhaps gives him too little to work with in regards to calories. He does look too thin now, so it could be that some of the tiredness he has shown during recent games is partly down to him not eating enough to compensate for the increased activity.

If true, that would be awesome news, because it means that he will soon become more energetic and strong just by adjusting his diet, and not necessarily just by resting more. I mean, if a part of why he's feeling tired is down to not eating right, then by all means fix that. :)

Time for him to eat a pizza - doctors order! :messi:

King Leo

Banned
Thinking about it, it's probably not a coincidence that Messi went to Italy to meet up with his dietitian just now. The last time he really looked full of energy was against City at home, and since then he has felt the decline in energy and is now doing something about it.

I think they planned out a complete diet for him at the start of the season that for sure helped to make him leaner, quicker and more agile again - areas where he was lacking last season. But, it could be that as the intensity has been ramping up towards the end of the season, with two games a week being the norm, the diet now needs some adjusting as it perhaps gives him too little to work with in regards to calories. He does look too thin now, so it could be that some of the tiredness he has shown during recent games is partly down to him not eating enough to compensate for the increased activity.

If true, that would be awesome news, because it means that he will soon become more energetic and strong just by adjusting his diet, and not necessarily just by resting more. I mean, if a part of why he's feeling tired is down to not eating right, then by all means fix that. :)

I hope it's not too late. these things take time but he seriously needs rest before the semi's

Ekul

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans