10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_Messi

Oh, I only watch it out of pure curiosity and entertainment. They are so friggin dumb it's comical. Still, sometimes they even break my "watch it because they're so stupid it's funny" attitude when they do something so low and despicable as this. This is very low.

I also don't watch it all the time. You'd go crazy watching such stupidity for prolonged periods. I follow @ElChirincirco on twitter, it's the parody account that makes fun of @ElChiringuito, that's where I get most of their stupidity. The guy that runs that account is a comedy genius.

He also runs @Llourinho, a parody of Mourinho; @HoyEnDeportes4, a parody of Los Manolos, a Spanish sporting show that claims to be unbiased but is comically pro Madrid; @FlorentimoPenez, parody of Uncle Flo; PeriodicoWarca, parody of Marca. There's also @_Moroncito_, which is run by someone else, but is a parody of that pig Tomas Roncero.

All those accounts are pure comedy gold.

:lol:

I never knew that you guys (Latin Americans) are following Spanish football media this closely. I know all of those Twitter accounts and they are indeed legendary.

I also suggest that you should read some of the comments on Youtube whenever the entire shows are uploaded. It's often almost as good as the content on its own.:lol:

Anyway just out of curiosity how common is it for Latin Americans in the US to follow Spanish football media and such shows?

------

Diego is Diego. Sometimes he is spot on and other times (more often then not lately) he is polluting the media with utter garbage and nonsense. Comments like that are of such nature.

Besides Maradona sees Messi as a threat to his legacy to some extend which might explain such nonsense comments. Not the first time if I recall and it often happens after a Messi show. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Last edited:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
:lol:

I never knew that you guys (Latin Americans) are following Spanish football media this closely. I know all of those Twitter accounts and they are indeed legendary.

I also suggest that you should read some of the comments on Youtube whenever the entire shows are uploaded. It's often almost as good as the content on its own.:lol:

Anyway just out of curiosity how common is it for Latin Americans in the US to follow Spanish football media and such shows?

------

Diego is Diego. Sometimes he is spot on and other times (more often then not lately) he is polluting the media with utter garbage and nonsense. Comments like that are of such nature.

Besides Maradona sees Messi as a threat to his legacy to some extend which might explain such nonsense comments. Not the first time if I recall and it often happens after a Messi show. Coincidence? Don't think so.

Can't speak for other Latin American countries, but in my experience, not very common. I follow them because I'm such a big fan of Barca and I speak Spanish, so it's not hard for me. I know another 3 Cuban Barca fans but they don't follow the team as closely.

BarcaVillain

I kind of get why Argentina's clearly prefer Maradona, he has given them way more and represented something, I mean look what he did to England in the wc, especially abck then that must have been very sweet for Argentines. Messi is basically a foreigner from their pov no matter how he tries.
It was the same with Napels and Maradona, showed them Southern clubs could win scudetto's as well, giving poverty stricken people hope and happiness.

Besides all that I actually think he had more talent than Leo, just look at how extremely naturally talented he is, despite all the drugs/parties/weight gains.
Messi,Dinho and fenomeno Ronaldo are/were extremely gifted as well but Maradona is the only one that seems to have more natural talent.

Messi has a lot of things over him of course: longetivity, goalscoring machine, arguably better dribbler, professional, humble, best club footballer ever etc etc.
When you look at Maradona, what he has over Messi besides the international accomplishments: even better passing, tricks, better ball control, freekicks, leadership and he inspires more.

Its not that weird that they prefer Diego, especially if you add the nostalgia factor in.

Agree entirely. Diego was a symbol to Argentines I imagine, and back then in 86 the World Cup was the best tournament in the world. I don't know who had the most natural talent, but that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. I recall Alex Ferguson saying that Ravel Morrison was one of the best young prospects he'd ever seen. Last I heard he was failing in the second tier of English football. I think Leo has got comparable talent Diego, but with the right attitude. What is impressive in its own right though is how much Maradona achieved, despite his problems, to still be considered amongst the very best.

xXKonan

ndEl7FX.gif

:worthy:

*Credit goes to Cait Sith from the Redcafe forums for the Gif*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans