10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

At the moment he scored the penalty he was a beast the rest of the game. That chance at the end, though, but beautiful play between him and Neymar.
beast lol? wouldn't quite put it like that. He never really tried beating people, Kompany did a good job on him.

Decent game regardless.

Can someone explain me why he shut off after 65 min. Not trying to criticise, genuine question

This! Are we the only ones who noticed? It's like messi and to a lesser extent the team thought that 1-0 away was good enough. They could have absolutely put this tie to bed. I'm still satisfied with the performance and result, but it could have been over right now.

aki13

Done what he needed to. Worked back a lot more than normal at the expense of attacking. I think he played for the team more today.

I hope he goes for it and scores a couple at Nou Camp. Yet again people will be thinking he is not as good as he is, just because he played as he usually does away from home in Europe

Good penalty and got Demichelis sent off. Apart from that has was pretty much invisible ...and lazy as always.

Lazy as always except for the last game against Rayo which makes no sense. Last game he was even helping press the opponent to win the ball back and making tons of runs off the ball. I thought that he would bring that into the champions league but for whatever he didn't.

Kerrybai

Good penalty and got Demichelis sent off. Apart from that has was pretty much invisible ...and lazy as always.

Messi and Iniesta were our most dangerous going forward.

And he's not lazy, he performed his role perfectly. Lazy players don't score 6 goals in 4 games. It's just not possible.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I hold him to higher standard than anybody else, imo he had a bad game. He lost the ball countless times, some really silly mistakes like running at Kompany a couple of times without really dribbling - he just run straight into him. He also had some bad passing, especially in the first half. Didn't create anything and wasn't really dangerous a single time.

Alarcón

Of course it was only Messi who shut off after 65 minutes, right? Not the rest of the team too...Always Messi.

I specifically said I wasn't criticising him and I'm really sorry for you if you're too biased to see that Messi was the one who shut down most, by far.

F

Flavia

BgyYn4bCQAAR6CN.jpg:large

"baby, come back" :wub:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I specifically said I wasn't criticising him and I'm really sorry for you if you're too biased to see that Messi was the one who shut down most, by far.
He wasn't, so get over it. The whole team looked careless for a while there, especially Cesc. Giving away the ball right and left gifting City many chances to score. There's a reason why he was subbed off, you know.

Alarcón

He wasn't, so get over it.

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously if you're being this hostile and show such a knee-jerk reaction to any tiny amount of criticism of your favourite player. Quite obviously I'm not the only one who thinks like that and maybe you should get over the fact that not even the best player in the world is exempt from criticism and that you're being delusional about it.

aki13

I think he looked dangerous. He put two balls through wide to Fabregas who mis controlled it, and I think Iniesta once.

He broke through and could have scored but was hack down.

Scored the Pen.

He slid two little reverse passes through to players running, but they were marginally off side.

The last 20 minutes he was back in our half pressing and he played lots of short passes to keep the ball late on.

He wasn't his explosive best, but played this cautious away game well.

I have critised him in the past few weeks, but the last 3 games and today he played well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans